Food safety and hygiene Advisor at WASCO ISOAF Tz
- Company: WASCO ISOAF Tz
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tabora, Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
WASCO ISOAF Tz is a Tanzania -incorporated company with its head office in Dar es Salaam and its plant in Nzega District, Tabora Region. The Company has been contracted by the East Africa Crude Oil Pipeline (EACOP) Project as a Thermal Insulation Contractor.
POSITION: FOOD SAFETY AND HYGIENE ADVISOR ACCOUNTABILITY: HSE MANAGER – TANZANIA
Position Overview: The food safety and hygiene Advisor will be responsible for ensuring the provision of nutritionally balanced, safe, and hygienic meals to SOJO site workers in accordance with established guidelines and regulations. This role will involve close collaboration with the food vendor’s team and regular assessments of food services to drive continuous improvement. It will also be the responsibility of the advisor to support all Hygiene inspections and management for the Kitchens, accommodation, and any external accommodation such as Hotels. The advisor will further support the overall HSE team in day-to-day general HSE matters.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Menu Planning:
- Conduct assessments of the dietary needs and preferences of construction site workers to create menus that cater to their nutritional requirements.
- Review and modify menus to meet nutritional guidelines and dietary needs.
- Incorporate a variety of food options, considering special dietary requirements and preferences as per client needs.
- Ensure a diverse range of food options to prevent menu fatigue and accommodate different tastes and cultural backgrounds.
- Nutritional Assessment:
- Evaluate the nutritional content of meals, making recommendations for improvement.
- Monitor portion sizes and nutritional balance to prevent food wastage and promote healthier eating habits.
- Food Safety and Hygiene:
- Ensure that the food vendor follows Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points
- (HACCP) principles to identify and mitigate food safety risks.
- Enforce strict food safety and hygiene practices in the kitchen and during food transportation.
- Conduct regular inspections on food vender and on site to ensure compliance with
- HACCP standards and local regulations.
- Develop and oversee sanitization protocols for kitchen equipment, utensils, and food preparation surfaces.
- Quality Control:
- Monitor the quality and freshness of food ingredients.
- Ensure proper storage, preparation, and serving of food at safe temperatures.
- Allergen Management:
- Implement strict procedures for handling and labelling allergenic ingredients to prevent cross-contamination and allergic reactions.
- Identify and manage potential allergens in menu items.
- Communicate allergen information to kitchen staff and consumers.
- Staff Training:
- Train kitchen staff on the safe handling, storage, and preparation of food to prevent contamination and foodborne illnesses.
- Develop and deliver training programs for kitchen staff on food safety, nutrition, and hygiene.
- Maintain ongoing staff education to ensure compliance with best
- Advise staff on accommodation cleaning and hygiene
- Documentation and Record Keeping:
- Maintain accurate records of food safety inspections, nutritional guidelines, and training sessions.
- Prepare reports and documentation for audits and compliance purposes.
- Client Communication:
- Communicate regularly with the client and project management regarding menu changes, food quality, and safety improvements.
- Address client concerns and provide updates on nutrition and food safety initiatives.
- Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Establish a system for regularly assessing food services, including nutrition, safety, and hygiene aspects.
- Implement corrective actions and improvements based on assessment findings.
- Feedback Mechanism:
- Encourage feedback from construction site workers regarding food quality, variety, and safety.
- Use feedback to make continuous improvements to food services.
- Budget Management:
- Manage resources and procurement within budget constraints.
- Source high-quality ingredients while maintaining cost-effectiveness.
- Collaboration with Food Vendor:
- Collaborate closely with the food vendor’s team to ensure seamless integration of nutrition and food safety standards into their operations.
- Compliance and Regulations:
- Stay informed about local and international regulations related to food safety and nutrition.
- Ensure all operations adhere to legal requirements.
1A. Emergency Response:
- Establish emergency response procedures in case of food safety incidents or outbreaks and ensure staff are trained accordingly.
- Develop contingency plans for food-related emergencies.
- Ensure staff are trained to respond appropriately in emergency situations.
- General support:
- Attend daily JSA and Toolbox talks.
- Support the HSE team with general observation and inspection when necessary.
- Continuous Improvement:
- Identify opportunities for innovation and improvement in nutrition, food safety, and hygiene practices.
- Implement necessary changes to enhance services.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Registered Nutrition and Food Safety Advisor/Nutritionist status.
- Relevant qualifications and experience in food safety and nutrition.
- Proficiency in HACCP standards and food safety regulations.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Readiness to work overtime, Saturday and public holidays as may requirea
Method of ApplicationApply to: [email protected] Deadline: 3rd October 2023
Please note that, should you not be contacted for more than two weeks after the deadline, consider your application unsuccessful