Bookkeeper at Americares
- Company: Americares
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Mwanza Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Americares is a health-focused relief and development organization that saves lives and improves health for people affected by poverty or disaster. Each year, Americares reaches 85 countries on average, including the United States, with life-changing health programs, medicine, medical supplies, and emergency aid. Americares is one of the world’s leading non-profit providers of donated medicine and medical supplies. For more information, visit americares.org.
About the Community Partnerships for Respectful Care (CPRC) project:
The Americares Community Partnerships for Respectful Care (CPRC) is a 5-year project (2020-2025) funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) with the aim to contribute to reducing mortality and morbidity among mothers and their children through improved community-based health care. The USAID CPRC project (USAID UZAZI STAHA in Swahili) provides strategic technical assistance at the national, regional and council levels to improve the quality and uptake of reproductive, maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health (RMNCAH), family planning (FP), and nutrition services, as well as strengthen respectful maternity care in Tanzania. Americares Tanzania works with Christian Social Services Commission (CSSC) in the implementation of the USAID CPRC project in the Mwanza Region.
COVID-19 Vaccination Support: Through the U.S. Government’s Initiative for Global Vaccine Access (Global VAX), USAID and other U.S. government agencies (e.g. CDC) are supporting Tanzania in reaching 70 percent of the eligible population with the COVID-19 vaccination. Through the CPRC project, USAID is supporting interventions to accelerate the uptake of COVID-19 vaccination in Mwanza and Shinyanga regions through social behavior change (SBC) and community outreach. The CPRC project will leverage its RMNCAH activities and relationships with key stakeholders to strengthen vaccination demand, community mobilization, service delivery and COVID-19 data management efforts in line with Tanzania’s Phase II acceleration plan and in close partnership with CDC vaccination service delivery support partners in the two regions. CPRC will use a ‘community scorecard’ approach for identifying barriers around COVID-19 vaccine uptake and creating locally driven solutions for combating vaccine hesitancy and misinformation and strengthening linkages between facility and community health services. Americares/CPRC will engage civil society organizations (CSOs) for grassroots-level mobilization and reach in the roll-out of interventions.
The Bookkeeper will support financial responsibility for the Community Partnerships for Respectful Care Global Vax project. The Bookkeeper will work closely with the Finance Officer and Finance and Operations Manager to oversee project finances and train staff on compliant financial processes.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Accounts Payable and Receivable:
– Code and enter Accounts Payable invoices for processing
– Post monthly accounts payable entries and complete corresponding paperwork
– Manage Accounts Receivable, including preparations of weekly invoices, monthly statements, posting transactions and payments
Accounting and Auditing:
– Initiate wire request for field project implementation
– Balance and maintain accurate ledgers
– Assist with the development of monthly financial statements, including cash flow and balance sheets
– Prepare and submit monthly reconciliation reports, as well as grant, advance, and other financial reporting obligations
– Support the preparation of internal and external audits
– Verify accuracy of expenses, project accounting codes, vendor invoices, and timely deposit of cash receipts
– Use QuickBooks and SharePoint for backup documentation regularly
– Conduct daily reviews of backup documentation to ensure completeness, accuracy, and full compliance with both USAID and Americares policies and procedures
– Performs regular spot audits on project files and ensures backup documentation is uploaded to relevant system according to set deadlines.
Travel Advances and Reimbursements:
– Audit travel requests and expense reports for accuracy and compliance
– Follow procedures to ensure accurate and timely payment and reconciliation of travel advances, reimbursements for staff and partners travels.
– Review and monitor outstanding advances report by paying close attention to advances that have not been settled after 30 days of issuance
– Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent.
– Four years + of relevant experience and progressive responsibility in finance and accounting, office administration, project operations at the mid-level of an organization
– Minimum 2 years’ experience supporting USAID-funded projects
– Experience in financial management of USAID projects, including a demonstrated understanding of applicable finance-related USG contracting regulations
– Accuracy in working with large amounts of data
– Ability to respond effectively to the time sensitive inquiries
– Experience with enterprise accounting software, and Microsoft office suite
– Demonstrated knowledge of internal controls and audit processes (e.g. procurement, local subcontracts, grants, etc.)
– An energetic and creative individual with high ethical standards and appropriate professional image
– An extremely well organized and self-directed individual with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, and strong operational focus
– Excellent English-language speaking and writing skills and demonstrated experience in meeting donor reporting requirements
– Proficiency in Office 365 including Word, Excel, Teams, PowerPoint and SharePoint
– Willingness and ability to travel to field sites as necessary
– Take USAID mandated courses within 30 days of employment
– Unrestricted authorization to work in Tanzania
CORE AMERICARES RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Foster Americares values of collaborative, accountable, responsive and effective.
– Support other staff members to increase individual and team effectiveness; and
– Support implementation of plans to increase team operating performance and other efficiency initiatives.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 31st July, 2022.