Training and Capabilities Officer at Expert Consultancy Ltd
- Company: Expert Consultancy Ltd
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Job Title: Training and Capabilities Officer
Job Category: Human Resources
Job Location: Arusha
Salary : Negotiable
Start Date: ASAP
On behalf of our client in Arusha, we are seeking to recruit Training and Capability Officer who helps business to develop, facilitate and supervising training programs for employees by assessing the needs of a business, implement training and development plans, and facilitate a wide variety of training programs that enhance the effectiveness of the workforce.The Training and Capabilities Officer needs to understand business operation and decision-making processes with a keen interest in producing targeted and tangible results by creating an effective and efficient workforce.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Identify and assess the training needs of the organization through job analysis, career paths and consultation with managers.
· Develop individualized and group training programs that address specific business needs.
· Develop training manuals that target tangible results.
· Complete training for all new hires and continual training for entire sales staff.
· Implement effective and purposeful training methods.
· Effectively manage the training budget.
· Evaluate organizational performance to ensure that training is meeting business needs and improving performance.
· Assess employees’ skills, performance and productivity to identify areas of improvement.
· Drive brand values and philosophy through all training and development activities.
· Effectively communicate with team members and management.
· Create a curriculum to facilitate strategic training based on the organization’s goals.
· Select and manage resources, including working with both internal employees and training vendors to develop and deliver training.
· Keep abreast of training trends, developments and best practices.
· Responsible for developing and implementing the future sales and sales operating model, including optimizing the sales process, developing sales programs, and conducting sales training. The overall focus of the position is to ensure sales force effectiveness and efficiency in Primary and Secondary Sales .
· Create and articulate a capability roadmap and blueprint for the sales department, in line with the organization’s strategic priorities towards building a future-ready sales organization.
· Identifying Functional Sales Capability competencies for the field-force across levels (from ASM to Merchandizers) & channels (general trade, current trade, developing sales channels).
· Optimizing sales process by developing and implementing a Sales Excellence plan and initiatives that drive and standardize sales process compliance and best practices, while harvesting synergies across the organization.
· Development and implementation of Sales Excellence training programs continuously improving the competency and effectiveness of the salesforce.
· Driving people development agenda and build talent pool in Sales.
· Proactively work with Commercial Manager to identify potential sales talents and build succession plans in sales team.
· Ensure implementation and compliance of sales team towards sales policies, sales rules and principles.
· Develop and further embed the principles of Company’s Way of Selling as in the Way of Selling Policy to all Sales team and focus on the development needs of the individual sales people.
· Measuring the effectiveness of the training content dissemination with linkages to the overall business.
· Gather feedback on all training programs from trainees.
· Lead by example and actively support EHS activities within the organization and be accountable for EHS awareness and performance under your area of responsibility.
· Ensure to comply with the Company and National EHS policies and standards.
· Ensure all personnel under your control are adequately trained about the risk associated with their jobs.
· Ensure the third-party temporary labour worker working in your area are adequately trained and comply with the site EHS rules.
· Ensure adequate PPE is available for employees and contractors working under your area.
· Ensure that periodic inspections are conducted to identify EHS concerns and action plans have been developed and implemented to eliminate EHS issues from its source.
Training and Coaching
· Work with HR and stakeholders to plan training & coaching activities.
· Coordinate with HR to consult, deliver training & coaching activities to sales team from Sales Manager up level.
· Build and implement post training & coaching follow up process and tools.
· Study, pilot and/or implement alternative training & coaching solutions.
· Be responsible for providing relevant data, reports accuracy, and timely.
Culture and Engagement
· Work cross-functionally with Stakeholders & related Teams to study, pilot and/or implement activities to build up success culture and high engagement for sales team nationwide.
1. Domain Expertise
· University graduated, major in Business/ Human Resources Management/Education or equivalent experience.
· Minimum 5-7 years in sales capability development and sales training & coaching. Highly prefer experience from FMCG, Banking & Financial Services.
· Good knowledge of trade marketing, traditional retail market, FMCG industry dynamics in Tanzania.
2. Analytics Experience
· Strong in Data Analysis
3. Individual Skills
· Strong coaching & training skills
· Good planning, implementation, presentation and negotiation skills
· Strong people management & collaboration skills,
· Ability to convince/ influence to Stakeholders and other support functions
· Good communication in English
4. Mindset & Behaviours
· Proactive, self-starter
· Realistic problem solving in complex/ambiguous situations
· Highly motivated, energetic, enthusiastic and team oriented
· Team player