Senior Internal Auditor at Mkulazi Holding Co. Ltd (MHCL)
- Company: Mkulazi Holding Co. Ltd (MHCL)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Morogoro Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
MKULAZI HOLDING COMPANY LIMITED
Mkulazi Holding Co. Ltd (MHCL) is a company owned by the National Social Security
Fund (NSSF) and Prisons Corporation Sole (PCS). The Company was established on 6th September 2016. The main objective of the company is to undertake the production of sugar in Tanzania.
The company wishes to invite competent, qualified, experienced, and dedicated young Tanzanians to fill the vacancy positions currently available in the company WOMEN ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY FOR THESE POSITIONS as follows:
Senior Internal Auditor – 1 Position: He/She will be reporting to the Internal Audit Manager and will be supervising the Internal Auditors.
Job Descriptions and Responsibilities:
- Perform appraisals in respect of the adequacy and effectiveness of the accounting, administration and other internal controls system and review levels of compliance with laid down procedures, policies, controls and relevant regulations;
- Provide recommendations to departmental management on the improvement or enhancement of controls based on identified risks;
- Prepare audit programme for the planned audits;
- Review company processes and procedures to ensure compliance with the set standards and report and controls gap or deficiencies to departmental management;
- Conducting management testing of key controls to ensure are effective;
- Collect and analyze data to detect deficient controls, duplicated effort, extravagance, fraud, or non-compliance with laws, regulations and company policies;
- Report to management about asset utilization and audit results and recommend changes in operations and financial activities;
- Coordinate routine compliance checks on all company processes and procedures by the annual audit plan;
- Review draft audit report from Internal Audit Officer and follow up significant audit issues with the relevant Heads of departments or Units;
- Compile and submit the draft audit report to the Internal Audit Manager for review before submitting it to the Board of Directors;
- Follow up corrective/remedial action taken by the Heads of departments/units to address audit issues identified;
- Follow up and report on implementation of internal, and external audit findings and recommendations;
- Analyze potential risks within specific areas of a company to avoid compliance issues;
- Keeping track of any violations reported against a company and responses and plans regarding these violations;
- Provide inputs in developing the Audit Plan;
- Supervise auditing of establishments and determine the scope of investigation required;
- Investigate suspected theft/fraud or poor management as revealed through routine audits or reported by Heads of department or executive management;
- Analyze evidence gathered from investigation and compile reports of findings;
- Inspect account books and accounting systems for efficiency, effectiveness, and use of accepted accounting procedures to record transactions;
- Providing inputs in organizing and collaborating stock count on monthly, quarterly and yearly stock count procedures;
- Investigate stock valuation discrepancies and report results to management for adjustment or corrective actions;
- Inspect cash on hand, notes receivable and payable, negotiable securities and cancelled checks to confirm records are accurate;
- Supervise the work carried out by internal audit officers;
- Perform staff appraisals for subordinates; xxv. Communicate audit plan to subordinates; and
xxvi. Perform any other lawful duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Academic Qualifications and Working Experience(s):
Holder of Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Commerce or Business Administration majoring in Finance or Accounting or equivalent qualifications from recognized institutions with CPA (T), ACCA, ACA, CIMA and registered by NBAA as a Certified Public Accountant. Postgraduate Qualification is an added advantage. Should have at least five years (5) years of Audit experience.
Salaries and other fringe benefits for the above vacancies will be paid by the Company’s Salary Structure and other related manuals.
General condition: All applicants should have accomplished Secondary School Education and possess an Ordinary Certificate of Secondary Education.
Method of ApplicationCandidates meeting the requisite qualifications should submit their written applications and detailed CVs to the address below WITH THE POSITION APPLIED WRITTEN ON THE TOP OF THE ENVELOPE, describing how they see themselves qualifying for the applied position. They should also send copies of Academic Certificates, names and contacts of three referees, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER,
MKULAZI HOLDING COMPANY LIMITED,
P.O BOX 1079,
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
The deadline for submitting the application is 21 September 2023