Head of Admission, Registration and Certification at Sumait University
- Company: Sumait University
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Zanzibar Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The Abdulrahman Al-Sumait University (SUMAIT University) was built on the foundation of the former University College of Education Zanzibar established in 1998 by a charity organization; Kuwait based Direct Aid (AD). In line with its expansion, the University is restructuring Programs and Faculties to meet the academic and administrative needs.
Therefore. SUMAIT University wishes to invite applications from suitable Internal and External qualified Individuals to fill the academic and administrative vacant posts as follows:-
Head of Admission, Registration and Certification (1 Post)
The Admission, Registration and Certification Head will help establish and update procedures and criteria, work with potential students to determine their eligibility, and oversee the admissions and registration process, evaluate applications and issues decisions.
Should be committed to promoting the University and attracting top talent You should be engaging, highly organized, and analytical with exceptional communication skills.
- Master’s or Bachelor degree in Education, Information Technology (IT), Computer Computer Engineering, Statistics, Social studies or any other related fields.
- Extensive experience In education or admissions and
- Understanding of statistics, admissions requirements and procedures, and financial aid application
- Ability to analyze and interpret
Roles and Responsibilities
- Admitting and registering students according to the TCU procedures and University principles.
- Helping university, and other academic institutions establish, examine, alter, and explain admissions guidelines, processes, and
- Assisting In the admission, decision making process as student applications are evaluated and accepted or de
- Providing students, parents, and guardians with information regarding admissions requirements and processes, financial aid applications, enrollment issues, or other pro
- Reviewing and interpreting student Including test scores, extracurricular activities, and grades.
- Communicating changes, statistics, and other information to the University Vice Chancellor, DVC Academic, and department heads.
- Preparing all necessary arrangements for registration of students and courses, and monltortng academic load for students In accordance with the instructions, and followup add-and-drop processes.
- Following up on matters related to transfer students from other universities.
- Preparing lists of expected graduates and checking their academic records and study plans.
- Preparing statistics and reports needed inside and outside the University.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and In writing.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Knowledge of student recruitment and retention issues.
- Knowledge of the broad spectrum of available university academic units, curricula,
Mode of Application
Applicants should submit their applications supported by detailed Curriculum Vitae (C.V.), certified copies of their certificates. names and addresses of three non-relative referees who can be contacted for references. Foreign awards should be verified by Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
Salary and Remunerations
SUMAIT University offers attractive salary and remunerations according to the University’s Salary Scales.
Method of ApplicationHand delivered applications should reach Sumait University, Chukwani Street Zanzibar not later than 3:30hrs on 20th December. 2021. Or you can send your application through Email at: [email protected]
Applications should be addressed to:
P.O. Box 1933, Zanzibar.
Email: [email protected]