Finance and Grants Intern at Land O’Lake
- Company: Land O’Lake
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Internship
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
Position Name: Finance and Grants Intern
Contract Type: Six (6) months Internship
Department: Finance, Grants, and Administration
Position Reports To: Finance Manager
Location: Arusha, Tanzania
Land O’Lakes International Development is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit helping communities around the world build economies by strengthening agriculture from farm-to-fork, helping businesses grow, and linking farmers to markets. Since our start in 1981, we have been leveraging nearly 100 years of expertise in dairy, animal nutrition, crop inputs and agricultural insights from our close affiliate, Land O’Lakes, Inc., a farmer-owned agribusiness committed to fulfilling its purpose of feeding human progress.
Our team is made up of nearly 350 employees who are committed to market-led approaches, and passionate about collaborating locally to create lasting inclusive economic growth. By unlocking the potential of agriculture for the last 36 years, the lives of more than 3 million people have been transformed through nearly 300 programs in more than 80 countries.
Tanzania Inclusive Processor-Producer Partnerships in Dairy Project(TI3P) is a three-year project lead by the Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank (TADB) and funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF). Land O’Lakes Venture37 is a subawardee of TADB, along with Bain & Company, Inc. (Bain) Heifer International, and Global Dairy Platform (GDP). Land O’Lakes Venture37 will contribute to inclusive agricultural transformation goals by enabling public-private partnerships to (a) increase the incomes of small-scale producers by enabling inclusive access to formal milk aggregation, processing, and marketing systems; (b) sustainably increase on-farm production, productivity and income of small-scale dairy producers by enabling them access to effective inputs and services (e.g. cattle vaccines, feed, forage and genetics); (c) increase women’s economic empowerment by developing and implementing gender-transformative approaches to enhance women’s participation in the dairy value chain and increase their access and control over productive assets; and (d) increase equitable access to improved quality dairy nutrition by improving the distribution and sales of safe and affordable milk and milk products in both rural and urban areas and both formal and informal channels.
Dairy Nourishes Africa – Building Inclusive Livelihoods through Dairy (DNA-BILD) is a two-year project funded by the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA) that aims to transform Tanzania’s dairy industry by creating vibrant ecosystems of farmer-allied and environmentally sustainable enterprises that improve nutrition, enhance livelihoods, and stimulate inclusive economic growth. DNA-BILD expands upon early successes of a pilot program and is intentionally designed to complement and leverage DNA’s participation in the newly launched Tanzania Inclusive Processor-Producer Partnerships in Dairy (TI3P) project, by extending DNA’s impact to reach resource-poor, opportunity-constrained stakeholders across the dairy value chain that would otherwise not be engaged by TI3P, particularly women and youth, to enable inclusive, climate-smart economic development in the dairy sector.
The position is a learning by doing opportunity that will allow a talented intern to undertake a 6-month internship at Land O’Lakes Venture37 working with finance, procurement and grants project team. The Finance and Grants Intern will assist the team in a wide range of accounting, grants, and administrative responsibilities in support of the TI3P and DNA-BILD projects on Finance, Procurement, and Grants.
Reporting & Supervision:
The intern will work under the direct supervision of the Finance Manager.
The main responsibilities for this position are as follows:
· Assist the Finance Manager to ensure all project expenditures are properly documented.
· Review travel expense reports submitted by employees to ensure compliance with local travel policy.
· Ensure adherence to all relevant statutory requirements in terms of financial management.
· Scan all financial and procurement documents.
· Assist the Grants and Procurement Specialist and Grants and Procurement Manager in maintaining grants documentation, procedures, and practices to carry out a fair and transparent award process.
· Assist the Grants and Procurement Specialist in the review of grant files for completeness of documentation.
· Organize vendors’ and grantees’ payment documents in a timely manner and ensure compliance with internal policies and grant agreements.
· Assist the Finance Manager in organizing documents for internal and external audits.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Reconciliation of account balances.
· Justification of expenses documents and statements.
· Report on the grant’s application, and disbursements.
· Updated procurement tracker
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
· Advanced computer skills in using word processing and spreadsheet programs, as well as electronic communications programs.
· Oral and written fluency in English, with excellent interpersonal skills.
· Demonstrated initiative and self-motivation in handling all assigned tasks.
· Must have the legal right to work in Tanzania.
Method of ApplicationThe application should be sent via email: [email protected]
Application deadline: 31st July 2023