Enterprise Support Specialist at Tetra Tech International
- Company: Tetra Tech International
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Iringa
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Tetra Tech seeks experienced candidates for the following positions:
Enterprise Support Specialist (1 Post)- Based in Iringa
The Enterprise Support Specialist will be an integral part of a multi-person component team on a USAID funded development activity to increase access to sustainable WASH services managed by the Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Agency (RUWASA) and urban water supply and sanitation authorities (UWSSAs), and will support Community-Based Water Supply Organizations (CBWSOs) and Small and Medium Enterprises(SMEs) to improve business/operational performance to qualify for finance and achieve revenue goals, forming part of a team to support efforts to expand access to finance for small-town water utilities, community-based water management organizations, and other water and sanitation service enterprises. Potential sources of finance include the Tanzania National Water Fund, commercial banks, microfinance institutions, development banks, and local governments. The candidate will support efforts to improve financial and operational performance, facilitate access to finance, and improve water and sanitation service provider business performance and planning, cost/fee recovery and address other constraints to creditworthiness. This position will report to the Sanitation and Hygiene Market Team Lead and will be based in Iringa town with travel to activity districts in Rukwa, Njombe, Iringa, and Morogoro regions.
The candidate will have demonstrated experience in:
- Designing and implementing financial and operational performance improvement plans for community, utility-scale water and sanitation service providers, and WASH SMEs (strong experience and results in a related sector will be considered).
- Carrying out market analysis and business assessments, particularly in the WASH sector.
- Linking financial institutions to promising businesses that provide water and sanitation products or services.
- Developing and delivering relevant capacity building programs for private sector service providers, particularly within the water and sanitation sectors.
Education: Advanced degree relevant to a specific area of specialization (public administration, finance, economics, business, or related field;
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience providing assistance on large donor-funded projects with similar scope;
- Demonstrated experience providing technical input and/or advisory services to improve business/operational performance of SMEs to qualify for finance and achieve revenue goals related to WASH financing;
- Must be computer literate (in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team. Must also be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Professional fluency in English and Swahili is required for verbal and written communication.
- Experience delivering services in Tanzania, working successfully within a team environment;
- Please note: Only Tanzanian citizens are eligible for this position.
Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls will be accepted about these positions. Deadline for submission of applications is September 28,2021.
Method of ApplicationTo apply through [email protected] with a cover letter and current curriculum vitae (CV) in reverse chronological order format. Please list the title of the position in the email subject line.
Closing Date : 28th September , 2021.