Economic Recovery and Development Manager at International Rescue Committee
- Company: International Rescue Committee
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kigoma
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Requisition ID: req46494
Job Title: Economic Recovery and Development Manager
Sector: Program Administration
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
For over half a century, Tanzania has been a country of asylum, hosting one of the largest refugee populations in Africa. Currently, the country hosts approximately 247,000 Burundian and Congolese refugees, many of whom arrived in 2015 as the crisis in Burundi increased. To date, refugees continue to co-exist with the host communities in the Kigoma region expressing multiple reasons and needs. Within this context, IRC provides protection and basic assistance in the areas of Safety (comprised of Protection and Rule of Law, Women’s Protection and Empowerment, and Child Protection), Health (mental health and psychosocial support services and reproductive health) and Education.
Based in IRC Dar es Salam, the ERD Manager will lead critical ERD program integration, design, and implementation in the health (nutrition), protection, and governance sectors. S/he will provide leadership in the visioning and structuring of the ERD department in compliance with current resources and technical needs. Lead on critical livelihoods and value chain assessments and private sector scoping and engagement processes collaboration with grants and partnership team and other sector leads. S/he directly reports to the DDP with a doted technical support line from the Livelihoods Technical Advisor.
Effective Program Strategy, Design, and Implementation
- Contribute towards continuous visioning and review of the ERD Sector Strategy ensuring its aligned with the CP SAP and client needs.
- Provide ERD program technical guidance and inputs to needs analysis and design in accordance with technical standards and donor requirement
- Facilitate staff capacity development and harmonization of technical standards and best practices for all integrated economic and social empowerment (EA$E) interventions e.g., village savings and loans associations (VSLA) with WPE and other sectors.
- Provide technical inputs to the development of the CP emergency response plans based on informed community disaster risk reduction risk assessments and action plans.
- Liaise with MEAL and sector leads to promote CVA integration best practices across all emergency response activities (e.g., the El-Nino Response) including timely vulnerability and needs assessments, launch and selection of CVA clients, and quality post-cash distribution monitoring support
- Guide the selection and enrolment of potential livelihoods program clients with strong referral and integration mechanisms in place
- Track critical national markets and price bulletins and provide standardized summary analysis of prioritized local market performances in view of informing CVA interventions.
- Collaborate with cross sectoral managers and develop compressive integrated project implementation planning and reports for the ongoing GFFO and USAID Youth First projects
Effective Project Budget Management
- Contribute to project budget development in accordance with IRC Standards and tools
- Manage all ERD sector budgets to ensure effectively spending, reporting, realignments and correct coding of all CVA related costs correctly and ensuring value for money.
Effective Human Resources Administration and Management
- Participate in the development of job scope, recruitment, and orientation of new ERD staff and community-based agents as necessary,
- Ensure advance leave scheduling for all ERD staff and inform DDP and respective Field Coordinators,
- Ensure timely timesheet submission by all ERD sector staff
- Foster the spirit of cohesion, teamwork, professionalism, and mutual respect within the program team.
Effective Coordination and Representation
- Conduct regular updates and interactions with the different District, regional, and line ministry departments of Agriculture, livestock, Tourism (Honey Production), community development, natural resources, and youth
- Develop and maintain a strong coordination and partnership relationship with existing potential critical agencies such as FAO, WFP, UNHCR District and Regional Joint development programs (e.g., KJP, TBP etc.) and other NGOs.
- Attend subnational to national level FSL Cluster, IPC, and other relevant working group meetings, ensuring written summary reports to be presented are reviewed by DDP 3 days in advance of the meeting.
- Effectively organize and coordinate all consultant-led ERD assessments (e.g., Value chain and markets assessments), SMT, TA, and donor visits for the sector
- Collaborate effectively with other IRC sectors (WPE, Health and Nutrition, and Governance), receiving and providing technical assistance as necessary,
- Collaborate with the SMT and partnerships team to map out strategic public and private sector partners, identifying collaboration themes and developing a localization strategy.
- Ensure collaborative partnership with local actors e.g. on collaborative needs assessment and design processes.
BSc. degree in agriculture, agricultural extension/economics, and community development; post-graduate training in value chain development, Agribusiness, collective marketing, and private sector development is essential; specialized training in project management and monitoring and evaluation is merit.
- At least three years’ experience in implementing livelihoods and agriculture projects; with good aptitude of logical framework approach; experience with livelihoods and income growth strategies including, CMDRR, Agroforestry, value chain development, local economic development, market-driven agricultural and private sector development initiatives.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience in designing and managing livelihoods programs for urban and rural communities in Sub–Saharan Africa
- Familiarity with international standards for key livelihood program areas (Sphere standards, SEEPs and livelihoods standards).
- Strong computer skills and analytical report wiring
- Flexible, able to plan and yet accommodate unexpected tasks,
- Excellent networking and liaison skills,
- Coaching skills including training, delegation, and presentation.
- Fluency in English and knowledge of Sahili and added advantage.
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: Deputy Director Programs
- Position directly supervises: None.
- Other Internal and/or external contacts: Integrated Protection Coordinator, Health Coordinator, MEAL Coordinator, Grants Coordinator
Travel: Incumbent will be expected to travel regularly to IRC field offices
Working Environment: Security level yellow – The situation in most of the country is calm. Some parts of Kigoma region experience insecurity-highway banditry.
Professional Standards. IRC staff must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Global Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity. IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Warning. Please be warned of various scams, being circulated via e-mails, from Internet websites, and via regular mail or fax, falsely being issued by or associated with the IRC. Beware that The IRC does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training, or any other fee). IRC does not request any information related to bank accounts. If asked for any payment, please contact [email protected]
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 11th November, 2023.