Consultant For AEP Curriculum Development at NRC
- Company: NRC
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kigoma
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Consulting Jobs in Tanzania
Duties and responsibilities
The consultant will:
- Develop a road map for the curriculum development process
- Develop data collections tools, needs analysis, desk review etc
- Mapping existing curriculum materials , review of other AEP models, consultations with education stakeholders
- Revision of the existing Level 1 curriculum: identifying key learning points, skills, topics and knowledge.
- Development/ adaptation for the level 2 and level 3 curriculum.
- Development adaption of the a curriculum frame work to provide a structure for the key learning points, rationale for the content to be included
- Facilitation of orientation/Validation and teacher training workshops
- conduct filed based observation of existing AE sessions, consultation with teachers, students and other education stake holders
- support and facilitate field testing of the AE curricula
Master’s degree in curriculum development or similar field
Context/specific skills, knowledge and experience:
– Experience developing non-formal and/or basic education curricula, combined with detailed and up-to-date knowledge of accelerated education principles and international best practice.
– Experience of education in minimally-resourced environments/education in emergencies;
– Experience in adult learning methodologies and in training teachers in curriculum delivery, learner-centred pedagogies, inclusive classroom management and curriculum strategies, and formative and summative assessment.
– Applied knowledge of principles and practices in gender sensitivity and inclusion of learners with disabilities and special educational needs; knowledge and experience in curriculum adaptation and differentiation;
– Up-to-date knowledge of trends in curriculum development and teacher development, preferably including own research.
– Fluency in French and English; ability to speak Kiswahili and/or Kirundi an advantage.
Communicating with impact and respect.
Commitment to participatory and inclusive methods of working, and to forming relationships based on mutual respect and trust.
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions, The candidate will observe NRC’s code of conduct and working hours for the NRC Office in Tanzania.
Method of Application
Interested candidates are invited to send an email to [email protected] The title of the email should be ' Consultancy for AEP curriculum Development – NRC Tanzania’ PR number 8101072.
Applications shall include the following: - 1 technical offer detailing the Curriculum Development framework or Structure, methodology, (max. 6 pages); - 1 financial offer (Excel) detailing the costs of the curriculum development process (including transport costs, meals costs; personal insurance, costs engaging local personnel for support etc.) - CV of the of Curriculum development lead and team members demonstrating relevant experience / knowledge (max 10 pages); - 2 references of organisations to be consulted to be informed about the consultant prior experience in the area of curriculum development.;
For further details, please refer to the attached TOR
Please include feasible start date and mention where you found this posting.