Assistant Data Officer (AD0) x17 at THPS
- Company: THPS
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
Job Title: Assistant Data Officer (AD0 17 position)
Direct Reports to : Medical Officer In charge and Indirectly to Zonal SI Officer
Location : Health Facilities, Country wide
Purpose and Scope of Job:
To implement high-standard computer and paper-based HIV Testing (HTS) Services, care and treatment (CTC) and TB data and record management in accordance to Facility, District, Regional, Government and PEPFAR guidance
Duties and responsibilities:
- Primarily responsible for transcription of patient visit information to paper-based pre-ART, ART registers, and TB register.
- Review relevant clinic records and perform paper-based data quality checks on CTC 2 cards, ART registers, Pharmacy and TB registers.
- Ensure proper filling client files
- At computerized sites, conduct data entry for the CTC 2 database from CTC2 cards, PITC registers and HEI cards.
- Update all patient’s laboratory results on CTC2 database (CD4, Viral Load etc.)
- Perform data quality assurance checks for the electronic data
- Update all clients visits in the CTC2 database on daily basis and update in the CTC3 macro as frequent as required by the program.
- Perform daily back up of CTC2 database into external hard drive
- Conduct data triangulation between CTC2 database, ANC and TB units (TB-HIV and ANC positive clients)
- Produce/Compile Prepare Quarterly reports for care and treatment, Mother child cohort report, HTS reports and TB reports.
- Produce TB defaulters, missed appointment /LTF reports on monthly basis and update final status of clients.
- Collaborate with site personnel, personnel at other health facilities and community-based organization in tracing patients who miss visits or are lost to follow-up.
- Assist facility, R/CHMT in all data-related requests and reporting.
- Ensure weekly data are entered into patchy excel to facilitate weekly performance review.
- Enter performance of each sub granted staff in the database on monthly basis.
- Participate in all Ql meeting in the facility.
- Facilitate accurate and timely data collection and submission at your facility on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis with minimal or no support from THPS staff.
- Communicate closely with District, Regional and Headquarters THPS staff to ensure smooth uninterrupted availability of HIV interventions in your facility
Qualifications & Experience
- At least Form six level.
- Certificate from Health Record Management training Institute
- Must have verifiable knowledge on computer (Ms Word, Excel, and MS Access)
- Nursing, counselling, and/or records keeping skills will be an added advantage
- Familiarity with the health system and hospital medical records.
- Capable of independently implementing the duties described above.
- Fluent in Kiswahili and English
Method of ApplicationInterested applicants should send an email [email protected] attaching their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum by September 3rd 2021 with a position title as a subject line, for example: ‘Assistant Data Officer ”. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply.