6 Dec 2022
Zone Systems Administrator at NMB Bank Plc
Never Miss a Job Update Again. Click Here to Subscribe
- Company: NMB Bank Plc
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Mbeya Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Job Location :
Perform daily maintenance, monitoring and support of NMB working tools at Head Office and branches, quality assurance of work done by suppliers and service delivery that meet and exceed business and customers’ expectations (availability, recoverability, security and continuous improvement).
- Daily and scheduled maintenance of Branch user working tools ( Desktops, Laptops, Teller Printers, MFP’s, Desktop Printers, Flatbed scanners, Cheques Scanners, CCTV gargets, Agri-vouchers scanners, forex boards, Note Machines Counting, Sorting, Banding & Strapping Machines), Electric power systems (Generators, Uninterruptible Power Supply – UPS, Stabilizers, Inverters, Solar / Wind Power systems, etc.), Self Service terminals (Onsite & Offsite ATMs, Branch POS terminals, Merchant and Agents POS terminals, etc.).
- Perform daily morning checks for all the branches within your zone to and resolve/escalate all the problems that require maintenance.
- Updating and maintenance of Asset Management database, current inventory, disposal process and managing the life cycle of branch working tools every six months.
- Resolution and closure of support working tools incidents and problems logged into Service manager from branches/head office ensuring SLA(s) and customer expectations are met
- Attendance of all planned maintenance activities such as preventive and corrective maintenance of working tools.
- Supervise vendors (Quality Assurance) on site when conducting planned and unplanned maintenance of working tools to ensure quality of the completed job (good workmanship) at the shortest possible duration to avoid unnecessary delays at a minimum disruption of customer service and cost effectiveness.
- Ensure that daily, weekly, and monthly statistics, status reports, and graphical aids are completed and continually modified to meet the needs of the department.
- Provide first-aid / basic troubleshooting training to two Branch IT Champions that will be identified at every branch. The Branch IT Champions will be the first contact points for Zone Systems Administrator regarding all ICT systems incidents and problems.
- Escalate and closely follow-up with Second level support (respective Head Office ICT section), and 3rd level support (system vendors) for all branch IT systems incidents and problems which cannot be resolved by him / her.
- Daily follow-up to ensure that all PCs and laptops are protected with latest NMB standard security controls
- Planning and carrying out all his/her duties in the area (branch visits, etc.) in good order of priority and cost-effective manner
- Prepare and submit the list of obsolete, end of life equipment and computers for donation quarterly. Ensure all items are rechecked to avoid disposing equipment that are still fit for NMB. Facilitate the sign off from the zonal level.
- Responsible for installation and configuration of ATMs and monitor the performance/UPTIME of zone.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Technical knowledge of banking IT systems used in branches.
- Ability to work in a fast-changing banking service environment.
- Ability to provide basic user training to branch staff.
- Ability to provide basic technical training to branch IT champions.
- Strong knowledge on head office working tools and other computer peripherals
- Commitment to the values of integrity, accountability, transparency, scientific rigor and drive
- Positive self-esteem, confident, good oratory and communication skills.
- IT systems troubleshooting skills.
- Must be committed to self-development and be enthusiastic about acquiring new skills and embracing new technologies
- Time planning, organizing and logistics skills
- ICT Service Management skills (ITIL) will be added advantage
- Networking skills (CCNA)
- Ability to work on own initiative and be a self-starter, prioritizing work with minimum supervision and work under pressure.
- Ability to quickly understand new technologies’ benefits and how these may impact current business practices.
- Ability to present technical data in a comprehensive, yet clear manner.
- Technical interaction with vendors, contractors, and other stakeholders
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in ICT engineering discipline.
- Certification in any IT systems (e.g., Cisco, Microsoft, etc.) will be an added advantage
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in banking IT systems support.NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Job closing date : 20-Dec-2022
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 20th December, 2022.