Zonal Project Managers (2) at THPS
- Company: THPS
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kigoma
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under nongovernmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministries of Health Community Development Gender Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) and Presidents Office – Regional Administration and Local Governments (PORALG) and Ministry of Health in Zanzibar with a goal of ensuring accessible high-quality health care services to Tanzanians; through strengthening of health systems for quality health services. THPS is currently implementing projects in comprehensive HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care, Support and Treatment among general populations in Pwani and Kigoma regions; key and vulnerable populations across 25 district councils across 13 mainland Tanzania regions and Health laboratory services strengthening in all mainland regions and Zanzibar. Additionally, THPS implements research and evaluations across health programs to generate evidence that informs public health interventions.
THPS has been awarded a five years USAID Cooperative Agreement number 72067120CA00004 – Uhuru TB &FP LON Activity, aimed at improving access and use of quality Tuberculosis (TB) and family planning (FP) services for better health outcomes for Tanzanian citizens. The Activity will be implemented in Katavi, Kigoma, Rukwa and Songwe regions. THPS therefore is seeking competent, experienced, dynamic and qualified candidates to fill the positions listed below.
Position Title: Zonal Project Managers (2 Positions)
Reports to: Deputy COP/Technical Director
Position Location: Kigoma & Songwe, Tanzania
Overall Job FunctionThe Zonal Project Manager is responsible for provision of leadership, management and technical support in the overall implementation of the USAID Uhuru; Tuberculosis and Family Planning Integrated Facility Solutions Activity in zone A i.e. Kigoma and Katavi regions, and zone B i.e. Songwe and Rukwa regions. Specifically, the Zonal Project Manager is responsible for the planning and coordination of TB and reproductive health program supported activities in collaboration with regional and district authorities. Creates good working relationships and accountability for improved performance across all key intervention program areas. The position involves at least 30% field travel.
- Oversee the overall planning, initiation and implementation of TB prevention, early detection and linkage to treatment services as well as the integration of reproductive health services at supported health facilities (HFs) in the
- Liaise with the RHMT, CHMT, MOHCDGEC officials and other stakeholders in coordinating implementation of the program and compliance to the national guidelines and standards.
- Ensure that all technical teams in the zone support program implementation by building good working relationships and enhancing capacity of R/CHMTs in program management and various technical domains for
- Work closely with the USAID Uhuru TB and FP Facility Solutions Activity central technical team in programmatic aspects of the supported TB and reproductive health services activities.
- Supervise and oversee overall activities implemented by zone Program Officers and other Staff in the supported
- Participate in THPS strategic planning sessions including planning with sub grantees in the region, development of Country Operational Plan (COP) activities and other planning related activities as will be deemed
- Participate and represent THPS in National Program related activities e.g. Development of curricula/guidelines,
- Coordinate procurement of equipment and consumables for the sites in the
- Prepare budgets, work plans, monthly and quarterly reports and other technical
- Coordinate the training of relevant healthcare providers in line with the approved budgets
- Assist in the program in Monitoring and Evaluation activities in the
- Perform any other related duties as assigned from time to
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree
- Master of Public Health or postgraduate degree in health disciplines is an added advantage
- A minimum of five years’ experience at senior level TB and FP programming and implementation.
- Experience in working with USAID supported
- Substantive knowledge of current best practices in TB, HIV and FP programs in Tanzania
- Ability to build strong partnerships with relevant stakeholders at national, regional districts and Community
- Excellent documentation skills including drafting of reports, presentations and best
- Ability to work under pressure and timely meet deadlines
- Ability to plan, implement independently or in a team
Method of Application
Interested applicants should send their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum to ([email protected]) by 31st July, 2020 with a subject line of ‘USAID Uhuru TB & FP LON Facility Solutions Activity – Position’ e.g. USAID Uhuru TB & FP LON Facility Solutions Activity – Zonal Project Manager.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply.