Zonal Manager at Christian Social Services Commission (CSSC)
- Company: Christian Social Services Commission (CSSC)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tabora, Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The Christian Social Services Commission (CSSC) is an ecumenical body established in 1992 by the Christian Council of Tanzania (CCT) and Tanzania Episcopal Conference (TEC) to coordinate and strengthen the delivery of health and education services by member churches in Tanzania. CSSC coordinates a network of more than 900 church-owned health facilities, the majority of which are rural-based, contributing nearly 14% of all health facilities in Tanzania, and 1000 Church-based education institutions providing 10% of all education services offered in Tanzania.
For over 30 years, CSSC has managed to position itself as the trusted government partner in implementing innovative solutions that create positive impacts on the community through the delivery of quality health and education services. CSSC supports Church institutions in delivering quality social services to all people regardless of colour, race and faith; and also promotes the expansion of health, education and other social services throughout Tanzania.
Applications are sought from highly qualified, well-experienced and motivated persons for the following position to join Christian Social Services Commission. The workstation for the post will be in TABORA, Tanzania.
|Job title:||Zonal Manager|
|Direct Supervisor:||Executive Director|
|Location:||Western Zone (Tabora)|
This position is found at the CSSC Zones under the supervision of the Executive Director to ensure effective promotion and coordination of the operations of CSSC for enhancement of the provision of accessible quality education and health care services by Churches in the Zone.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that the critical stakeholders in the Zone understand CSSC’s Vision, Mission, functions, policies and activities.
- Develop monthly, quarterly and annual plans, budgets and reports for the Office of the Zone concerning the CSSC Strategic Plan.
- Create and maintain a conducive environment in which the Church facilities, government and other stakeholders will willingly participate in CSSC activities and support CSSC
- Provide technical advice and solutions to the Church Institutions in improving the provision of Social Services.
- Propose position paper(s) to the ZPF and CSSC Head office for the development, review or change of the policy, law, regulation or procedure in the Church or government about providing quality education and health care services.
- Enhance networking and collaboration among Church Institutions, Church Institutions and Government and other key stakeholders, CSSC and government.
- Develop and implement intervention(s) projects/programmes to enhance the provision of social services in the Zone.
- Implement the Zonal plans and directives issued by ZPF
- Manage and administer day-to-day operations of the Zone office
- Secretary of all meetings of ZPF
- Master’s degree in the field of health or education from a recognized Higher Learning Institution
Experiences and skills
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in medical fields, education institutions and project management;
- Proven experience in working with church institutions and church leaders
- Strong leadership skills are essential for a zonal manager
- Strategic Thinking: A candidate should be able to identify growth opportunities and develop strategies to achieve targets within the Zone.
- Excellent communication skills are crucial for interacting with stakeholders, including Bishops, Priests, Church leaders, Institution team members, and other beneficiaries.
- Problem Solving skills
- Financial Acumen: Understanding financial concepts and being able to analyse the finances of the Zone, including Fund raising, budgeting, expense control, revenue forecasting, and ensuring cost-effectiveness.
- Team Management skills, overseeing a team of employees at the zonal level.
- Fluent in English and Swahili language
- Proactive and innovative
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Advanced skills in data analysis, presentation and report writing
- Competent driver, with class C,D licence.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted; if you are not contacted within two weeks after the deadline of this advert, consider yourself unsuccessful.
- Any application sent later than the mentioned date and time will not be considered.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th September, 2023.