Youth and Gender Officer, Arusha Office at Focus Africa
- Company: Focus Africa
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
About the Job
The Youth and Gender Officer will be responsible for developing gender mainstreaming strategies, policies and creating gender awareness while developing gender initiatives that would position Focus Africa as a gender friendly environment. .
• Ensure Focus Africa has in place policies that provide for equal opportunities for all genders in areas of recruitment, training, promotions, remuneration, participation in committees, travel etc without any discrimination.
• Develop affirmative action plans that ensures Focus Africa is a leading organization in fulling constitutional requirement in matter of gender representation.
• Ensure Focus Africa has policies that create an enabling working environment for all genders taking care of special needs of any particular group
• Plan, develop and implement programs and activities that promote gender affairs in Focus Africa
• Prepare periodic management reports (weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual) on gender affairs
• Collect data and maintain database on various matters of interest on gender affairs companywide
• Source external financing for Gender activities and programme
• Establish and maintain partnerships with governmental agencies on gender affairs, NGOs and other organizations that promote gender affairs
• Offer advice to management on gender affairs
• Perform any other duties allocated by Management from time to time.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Social work, Sociology or other related disciplines.
• Practical experience in writing business plans for gender mainstreaming
• Practical experience in writing proposals and report writing.
Method of ApplicationApplications: Interested applicants should send their application letter accompanied by resume with names and addresses of 3 professional referees (including telephone and e-mail) Applications are by e-mails only, sent to: [email protected] to reach us by 17th May 2021 5pm.
Please note: Only complete applications will be reviewed, and only candidates who have been selected for interview will be contacted. The position is open to African citizens who are legible to work in Tanzania, young women & women living with disability are also encouraged to apply.