Workshop Supervisor at Mkulazi Holding Company Ltd
- Company: Mkulazi Holding Company Ltd
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Morogoro Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Mkulazi Holding Company Ltd (MHCL) is a joint venture company currently owned by National Social Security Fund (NSSF) and Tanzania Prisons Service. The principle activity of the company is to undertake production and importation of sugar. Establishment of the Company is in line with the implementation of the second five year development plan (FYDP II) aiming to ensure that Tanzania becomes industrialized and middle income economy (Uchumi wa Kati) by the year 2025.
The company wishes to invite competent, qualified, experienced and dedicated young Tanzanians to fill in the vacancy positions currently available in the company as follows:
WORKSHOP SUPERVISOR (1 Post).
- The person will be responsible to ensure the management of the maintenance activities for all equipment at the company. The person will be reporting to the Project Manager.
Duties and responsibilities of Workshop Supervisor:
- Supervise the equipment on-site by ensuring continuous service through routine/non-routine maintenance and/or repair;
- Maintenance and/or repairs of all Agricultural machines and other company vehicles;
- Supervise and co-ordinate the workshop subordinate in order to ensure that work is carried out in compliance with quality;
- Ensure compliance with safety procedures;
- Prepare and manage the Budget the Workshop maintenance budget
- Implement asset maintenance procedures and identify the best maintenance strategies to improve equipment reliability and boost asset uptime and availability;
- Plan and Stock the required quantity of spare parts in order to guarantee continuity of work and planning;
- Monitor the use and inventories of spare parts, maintenance supplies, equipment and initiates recording when necessary;
- Ensure that maintenance technicians are adequately trained, equipped and motivated so that the maintenance program can be accomplished timely and in a cost-effective manner;
- Manage/coordinate and evaluate maintenance personnel’s performance assigned; and
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by supervisors.
Qualification and Experience
- Shall have a Bachelor degree in Automobile/Mechanical Engineering or equivalent from a recognized University; and
- Shall have a minimum of five (5) years experience in Workshop management or supervision from in Industrial sector.
- Good diagnostic and problem solving skills;
- Experience with sugarcane plantations will be an added advantage;
- Must care about the quality of work to be done and have customer satisfaction in mind;
- Must be safety conscious to avoid unnecessary accident
- Must be proficiency with computer especially MS word, Excel and outlook
Salaries and other Fringe Benefits for all these posts will be as per Mkulazi Salary Scales and Structures and in accordance with the Staff Regulations and Conditions of Service of the company, 2019.
- ALL APPLICANTS SHOULD HAVE ACCOMPLISHED SECONDARY SCHOOL EDUCATION AND POSSES AN ORDINARY CERTIFICATE OR AN ADVANCED CERTIFICATE OF SECONDARY EDUCATION OR ITS EQUIVALENT AND SHOULD NOT BE ABOVE 45 YEARS OF AGE.
Method of Application
Candidates meeting the requisite qualifications should submit their written applications and detailed CV to the address below (with the position applied written on the top of the envelope), describing how they see themselves qualifying for the applied position. They should also send copies of academic certificates, three referees, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail address. The closing deadline for all applications is 10 days after the advert. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER, MKULAZI HOLDING COMPANY LIMITED, P.O BOX 1079, MOROGORO. Deadline 7 June, 2020