26 Aug 2022
Workshop Manager at Southern Link LTD
Never Miss a Job Update Again. Click Here to Subscribe
- Company: Southern Link LTD
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
We are looking for a young, dynamic and results oriented person to fill the position of
Workshop manager in the company.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reporting all current breaks down for equipment, trucks and all kind of assets.
- Maintenance of break down as quick as possible.
- Identifying spare parts sellers with best price and quality.
- Preventive maintenance for all equipment, truck and all kind of assets.
- Yard arrangement for all scattered spares including systematic naming of spares, removal
of all unwanted scraps from the yard.
- Providing maintenance schedule for equipments , trucks, and all kind of assets priority
should be given to equipments and trucks which are ready on production.
- Service record keeping for all equipments, trucks and all kind of assets, each vehicle
should have proper recording maintenance.
- Supervising all mechanics including store keeper.
- Reporting daily on activities done on yard.
- All assets which can be brought back to production back to production should be
- Advising the management on the best practices/best options in relation to company
vehicles, plants and equipment.
- Responsible for job allocation and job flow in the workshop including job scheduling and
labor allocation for day to day operations.
- Responsible for the quality of the work carried out and performs incoming and outgoing
inspection on all parts and assemblies or delegates that work.
- Prepare, supervise and control workshop activities, including the scheduling of work.
- Ensure safety at all the time (priority).
- Other task may assigned by management as workshop manager.
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical engineering
- Qualified Mechanical engineering and Sound knowledge of workshop procedures
- At least 2-3 years of experience.
- Strong ethical standard.
- Computer literate. ( word, Excel, Power point, Internet and Access)
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to give presentations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in Swahili and English.
- Flexibility to work beyond normal working hours and weekends Ability to multi task and prioritize effectively.
- Must be organized and punctual.
- Full time.
Method of ApplicationQualified candidates should physically submit their application letter, CV and Certificates to SOUTHERN LINK LTD Office not before 10th September 2022.
NOTE: Only candidates who meet the requirements and are short listed for the interview will be contacted.
OFFICE LOCATION: Plot No.16, Mikocheni Light Industrial Area, Josam House, Block A, 2nd floor, Room A13.