Workshop Floor Foreman – TRUCKS (3) at Transcargo Ltd
- Company: Transcargo Ltd
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
Position: Workshop Floor Foreman – TRUCKS (3 Positions)
Location: Dar Es Salaam
Industry: Transport and Logistics
Reporting to: Workshop Manager
Remuneration: Competitive package will be offered to a qualified Candidates
Starting Date: ASAP
The employee is responsible for the planning and supervising of daily workshop floor operations including the repair and maintenance of all company owned and operated trucks / vehicles.
Duties of this position include but are not limited to:
Maintenance and Repair
- Supervising the mechanics and assistants on the workshop floor.
- Repairing and maintaining all equipment owned and operated in the department.
- Carry out pre and post inspection on all vehicles.
- Coordinate and allocate mechanics and technicians about proper diagnosis and required maintenance work.
- Verify and confirm all parts before fitting.
- Supervise all on going repairs and follow up with repairs to make sure work is done correctly and on timely manner.
- Road test vehicles when required
- Manage, supervise and monitor day-to-day fleet services as per service schedules.
- Communicate accurate information and prepare.
- Raise awareness of problem areas and suggest solutions to improve operations.
- Train, support and coach drivers and workshop personnel where required.
- Operate tools, equipment, and machinery according to prescribed safety procedures.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties.
- Ensure workshop equipment and tools are in safe operating conditions.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to Head of Department immediately.
- Keep a tidy and safe working environment in accordance to company QHSE policy.
- Work irregular hours when needed.
- Maintain accurate records required to perform repairs and service.
- Other duties as assigned.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned.
Work experience and Qualifications
- Minimum of 4 and Above years of working experience in the same field/position from reputable company required
- Computer Skills required
- Having Certificate/Diploma/Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Automotive (Plant, Motor Vehicle and Electrical) or equivalent qualification from a recognized University/Collage plus valid Driving is added advantage
Method of ApplicationQualified candidates must send their CV and Cover letter indicating position applied to [email protected] on or before 26th January 2021.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted for interview.