Workshop and Transport Logistics Manager at Mkulazi Holding Co. Ltd
- Company: Mkulazi Holding Co. Ltd
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Morogoro Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
Mkulazi Holding Co. Ltd (MHCL) is a company owned by the National Social Security Fund (NSSF) and Prisons Corporation Sole (PCS). The Company was established on 6th September 2016. The main objective of the company is to undertake production of sugar in Tanzania.
The company wishes to invite competent, qualified, experienced and dedicated young Tanzanians to fill in the vacancy positions currently available in the company and WOMEN ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY FOR THESE POSITIONS as follows:
Workshop and Transport Logistics Manager: Job purpose is to undertake general maintenance of Agricultural Machines, and all types of vehicles and sustainably manage its
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Managing the overall function of the Mechanics Workshop;
- Manage planned preventative and corrective mechanical maintenance on all of the company’s vehicles;
- Diagnose, adjust, repair overhaul agricultural machines or equipment, trucks and light vehicles; maintain and repair any type of diesel or petrol engines;
- Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to specification;
- Managing the allocation of Company vehicles with respect to Departmental requirements/demand;
- Allocating and supervising work daily to the Mechanics team;
- Monitoring progress and inspecting completed work to ensure the required standards are achieved by Mechanics;
- Undertake unplanned work resulting from breakdown and emergencies, which is to be dealt with efficiently;
- Ensure all log books, requisition books and departmental records are effectively maintained to enable stock control, ordering of parts and all other workshop functions to operate efficiently;
- Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts;
- Produce weekly, monthly and annual statistics and reports; and
- Perform other lawful duties to be assigned from time to
Academic Qualifications and experience:
Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical Engineering. He/she should have a minimum of 5 years’ experience managing Agricultural workshop and should have extensive knowledge of automotive issues, warranties, service and general repairs. Working in an intensive Sugar Industry Workshop will be an added advantage.
Salaries and other fringe benefits for the above vacancies will be paid in accordance to the Company’s Salary Structure and other related manuals.
General condition: all applicants should have accomplished Secondary School Education and possess an Ordinary Certificate or an Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education or its equivalent and should not be above 45 years of age.
Method of ApplicationCandidates meeting the requisite qualifications should submit their written applications and detailed CV to the address below WITH THE POSITION APPLIED WRITTEN ON THE TOP OF THE ENVELOPE, describing how they see themselves qualifying for the applied position. They should also send copies of Academic Certificates, three referees, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail address.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER,
MKULAZI HOLDING COMPANY LIMITED,
P.0 BOX 1079,
The deadline for submitting the application is 9 September 2022.