Works Inspector- Road Works x2 at TANROADS
- Company: TANROADS
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dodoma Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
The Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS), is a Semi-Autonomous Agency in the Ministry of Works and Transport established on 1st July, 2000. It is responsible for day to day management of the Tanzania mainland’s Trunk and Regional Roads Network as well as construction of Airports.
The Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS) on behalf of the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania has entered into a Contract for the Upgrading of Ntyuka Jet. – Mvumi – Kikombo Jet. Road (76km) and Chololo – Mapinduzi (TPDF HQ) to Bitumen Standard, Section I: Ntyuka – Mvumi – Makulu (8.6km) and Section II: Kikombo Jet. – Chololo – Mapinduzi (TPDF HQ)- 16.4km.
The Regional Manager’s Office, TANROADS Dodoma on behalf of the Chief Executive, intends to recruit qualified and competent staff to fill vacant posts on specified contract for the aforementioned project in the following fields:
POSITION TITTLE: WORKS INSPECTOR- ROAD WORKS (2 POSTS)
Must be a Tanzanian Citizen who is a holder of Degree in one of the following fields: Civil Engineering, Highway Engineering, Transportation Engineering, or equivalent qualifications from a recognized Institutions with working experience of at least three (3) years in related field. Must be registered by ERB as Graduate Engineer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspect road works to ensure compliance with technical specifications;
- Inspect the implementation of QA/QC procedures in the project;
- Attend contractor’s request for inspection;
- Keep daily records for contractor’s equipment and personnel;
- Inspect compliance of site health and safety;
- Prepare and submit daily progress report;
- Identify conforming or non-conforming construction materials or works;
- Supervise control of traffic flow at site; and
- Perform such other related duties as may be assigned by Supervisor.
Method of ApplicationAll interested and qualified Tanzanians are invited to submit their applications enclosing their detailed and signed Curriculum Vitae, Certified Copies of relevant Education and Professional Certificates with names of two reputable referees and their contact addresses, telephone number (s) and e-mail addresses.
Late Applications will not be considered forevaluation under this recruitment. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Those applicants who will not be contacted for interview should consider themselves unsuccessful.
Applications should be submitted to: –
The Regional Manager,
P.0. Box 902,
The deadline for submitting the application is 13 July 2023.