Works Inspector- Road Works at TANROADS – Tanga
- Company: TANROADS – Tanga
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanga Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Construction/Real Estate Jobs in Tanzania
TANZANIA NATIONAL ROADS AGENCY (TANROADS) is a Semi-Autonomous Agency under the Ministry of Works, Transport and Communications established on July 1, 2000 and is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Tanzania Mainlands Trunk and Regional Roads Network and Construction of Airports. Its primary functions include Management of Maintenance and Development Works, Operations of Road Networks and Axle Load Control, Implementation of Road Safety and Environmental Measures, Provision of advice on strategic framework, policies and plans for the road sector.
The Regional Manager, TANROADS – Tanga on behalf of the Chief Executive is looking for suitable qualified Tanzanian candidates to fill the following vacancies for Supervision of Handeni – Mafreta Road Project (20KM). The Vacant Posts are as listed hereunder;
POSITION TITTLE: Works Inspector- Road Works (1 POST)
- Must have a Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent from any recognized Higher Learning Institution/colleges;
- Registered with ERB as Graduate/Professional Engineer;
- At least 3 years cumulative experience related to road construction;
- Self motivated, able to work under pressure outside working hours with minimum supervision;
- Must be fluent in English language; and
- Must be a Tanzanian Citizen.
Duties and Responsibility
- Supervision of the works to ensure compliance with technical specification requirements;
- Ensure the implementation of the QA/QC procedures in the project. The entire Quality Check list is to be effectively implemented;
- Keeping all records including reports, works diaries, correspondence, instructions given to contractors), and any other matter relating to drainage structures on day-to-day basis;
- Measuring quantities of road works satisfactorily carried out on daily basis;
- Preparation and submission of mini progress report with updated cost of Road works on daily basis;
- Maintaining a site diary on a daily basis with the contents and format to be agreed with Employer;
- Ensure that all materials supplied and procured to site conform to the approved samples;
- Identify the non-conforming material and mark it rejected and segregate from the Approved material; and
- Evaluate approval options based on quality, cost effectiveness efficiency of service, business standards and other factors for the purpose of meeting or exceeding the required standards.
Method of ApplicationAll Interested applicants are invited to apply and submit their application letters to the under-mentioned address not later than Monday,19th September, 2022 at 16:30 hours with their complete Curriculum Vitae (CV); Certified copies of all academic and professional certificates; birth certificates; names of three referees inclusive of former employer if any; applicants contact telephone numbers and postal address. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Applicants who have worked with Public Institutions particularly with Government and TANROADS and had unsatisfactory records in performance and disciplines shall not be considered and any misrepresentation of such fact shall be subjected to legal measures.
Application Letters should be submitted to;
The Regional Manager,
Tanzania National Roads Agency,
P.0. Box 5021,
The deadline for submitting the application is 19 September 2022.