Works Inspector – Drainage and Structure at TANROADS – Tanga
- Company: TANROADS – Tanga
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanga Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
TANZANIA NATIONAL ROADS AGENCY (TANROADS) is a Semi-Autonomous Agency under the Ministry of Works, Transport and Communications established on July 1, 2000 and is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Tanzania Mainlands Trunk and Regional Roads Network and Construction of Airports. Its primary functions include Management of Maintenance and Development Works, Operations of Road Networks and Axle Load Control, Implementation of Road Safety and Environmental Measures, Provision of advice on strategic framework, policies and plans for the road sector.
The Regional Manager, TANROADS – Tanga on behalf of the Chief Executive is looking for suitable qualified Tanzanian candidates to fill the following vacancies for Supervision of Handeni – Mafreta Road Project (20KM). The Vacant Posts are as listed hereunder;
POSITION TITTLE: Works Inspector – Drainage And Structure (1 POST)
- Must have a Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent from any recognized Higher Learning Institution/college;
- Registered as Graduate/Professional Engineer with ERB;
- At least 3 years cumulative experience related to bridge/drainage design and construction;
- Self motivated and able to work under pressure outside working hours with minimum supervision;
- Must be fluent in English language; and
- Must be a Tanzanian Citizen.
Duties and Responsibility
- Inspecting, and approving all materials and completed works to ensure compliance with technical specification requirements;
- Keeping all records including reports, works diaries, correspondence, instructions given to contractors), and any other matter relating to drainage structures on day to day basis;
- Measuring quantities of drainage works satisfactorily carried out on daily basis;
- Preparation and submission of mini progress report with updated cost of drainage workman daily basis; and
- Maintaining a site diary on a daily basis with the contents and format to be agreed with Employer.
Method of ApplicationAll Interested applicants are invited to apply and submit their application letters to the under-mentioned address not later than Monday,19th September, 2022 at 16:30 hours with their complete Curriculum Vitae (CV); Certified copies of all academic and professional certificates; birth certificates; names of three referees inclusive of former employer if any; applicants contact telephone numbers and postal address. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Applicants who have worked with Public Institutions particularly with Government and TANROADS and had unsatisfactory records in performance and disciplines shall not be considered and any misrepresentation of such fact shall be subjected to legal measures.
Application Letters should be submitted to;
The Regional Manager,
Tanzania National Roads Agency,
P.0. Box 5021,
The deadline for submitting the application is 19 September 2022.