Windows Servers and End User Technology (EUT) Specialist at Absa Group Limited
- Company: Absa Group Limited
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Absa Jobs in Tanzania - IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
• To manage and oversee maintenance of infrastructure technology within the bank including computer storage, server virtualization, end users support and support as well as deploying patches and updates. This includes delivering the following with limited to NO business disruption, Server availability to meet business requirements & as per agreed SLA’s, Server Access to standard, Server Maintenance, Server Upgrades and replacements , Server performance monitoring (utilization, environmental impact)
- Promote and develop both tactical and strategic ways to drive productivity and efficiency within the core responsibility areas.
- Able to interpret global market trends, enabling a competitive edge to drive innovation.
- Coordinate the efforts of the different operational areas under management to ensure minimal duplication of efforts, maximum efficiency and to maximize value for money.
- Stay abreast of industry and operational trends and role players and ensure that the department is well positioned to provide competitive and industry leading services.
- Manage changes impacting the team and organisation, effectively minimizing risk and exposure.
- Agree targets and take accountability for the overall achievement of performance objectives in the business area in terms of employee satisfaction, customer experience, cost performance, return on investments, risk, compliance, and governance requirements
- Perform basic and complex troubleshooting, diagnostic analysis, and replication of technical problems with applications and hardware.
- Communicate verbally and in writing effectively and efficiently with Absa staff and vendors and interact in a service-oriented manner.
- Identify common user issues or areas where improvements are needed and make feasible recommendations to supervisor to accomplish improvements.
- Assist the Network team in providing telecommunications systems infrastructure support.
- Agree and manage service offerings and SLAs with internal customers (agree annually and measure on a monthly basis). Perform Standard desktop configuration; Patch management (WSUS/SMS), Anti-virus/malware protection, Asset management
- Daily monitoring, troubleshooting, resolve or escalate to vendors incidents related to the Data Centres operations.
- Provide a range of IT availability reporting to ensure that agreed levels of availability, reliability and maintainability are measured and monitored on an ongoing basis.
- Provide regular reports on availability to the Head of Infrastructure Services.
- Lead initiatives on Cost saving Setup and implementation.
- Develop relationships at all levels of the organization as well as with outside vendors and contractors.
- Identify issues with cost, risk, inter-dependencies, impact on current business activities and the strategic benefits to be realized.
- Ensure SLA’s are followed and met, through the monitoring and reporting of targets and the undertaking of corrective action where necessary.
National Certificate: Information Technology
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th June, 2022.