Winder Electrician (Shaft) at Bulyanhulu Gold Mine
- Company: Bulyanhulu Gold Mine
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Shinyanga
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Winder Electrician to join our team. The successful candidate for this position will ensure activities in the Shaft Engineering Department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost-effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Shaft E & I Supervisor
- Ensure safe work practices by attending compulsory safety courses and meetings
- Wear the appropriate PPE for the task at hand
- Assist and conduct incident/accident investigations
- Comply with Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other policies, procedures and guidelines
- Knowledge of main consumer substations, overhead power lines, main compressors, refrigeration plants, main ventilation fans, winders and shaft operations, emergency power generators, high and low voltage installations and reticulation diagrams for underground and surface operations.
- Knowledge of operating and switching for 220KV to 6.6KV
- Overhaul electrical equipment in accordance with set company policies and procedures.
- Complete required testing and safety checks on electrical drills.
- Ability to Generate Power with CAT generators
- Attend breakdowns and complete necessary fault-finding.
- Under the direction of the supervisor, provide appropriate on-the-job training and coaching to less experience personnel.
- Implementation and execution of all tasks and instructions as instructed by superiors
- Install and maintain of all winders and shaft equipment to reduce unplanned maintenance and optimize availability.
- Overhaul winders and shaft equipment in accordance with set company policies and procedures.
- Carry out defined and necessary checks on winders and shaft equipment.
- Complete modifications to winders and shaft equipment in accordance with specified instructions.
- Diploma/FTC/Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering
- Ordinary/Advanced level certificate – Form IV/VI
- Tanzanian Valid Driving License
- High voltage certificate
- Must have a minimum 2 Years’ experience on high Voltage Switching (6.6KV ,11KV and 220KV )
- Must have a minimum 3 Years’ experience on Winder as electrician
- Emergence Power Generation experience is added advantage
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent communication in English and Swahili, both writing and verbal
- Computer literate in the Microsoft Package Applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- PLC Knowledge is added advantage
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
Method of ApplicationApplicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
Indicating the role title “WINDER ELECTRICIAN “ in the subject of your email Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected] If you are not contacted by Barrick – Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 17th October 2021 BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling Toll-Free Number +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com