Weighbridge Operators at Tanroads
- Company: Tanroads
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
THE REGIONAL MANAGER, TANROADS – NJOMBE is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Tanzania Mainland’s Trunk and Regional Roads Network. Its primary functions include the management and development works, operations of the network, axle load control, the implementation of road safety, environmental measures and provision of advice on the strategic framework, policies and plans for the road sector.
The Regional Manager – TANROADS Njombe on behalf of the Chief Executive TANROADS is looking for open minded and creative candidates who are motivated to work within a modern and dynamic organization. TANROADS encourages applications from both men and women to fill the following positions on contract basis at the Regional Manager’s Office Njombe.
SCOPE OF POSITIONS
These positions are within Njombe Region, successful candidates must be ready to work independently, all days of the week including Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays and with high pressure of work. They should be prepared to work for considerable lengths of time.
POSITION: WEIGHBRIDGE OPERATORS (1 POSTS)
Carrying out activities as described in the Road Traffic (maximum Weight of vehicles)
Regulations, 2001. The activities include the following: –
- Weigh Motor Vehicles of Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) > 3,500kg plying on our Public Roads.
- If the vehicle is found overloaded the operator should impose road damage fee on the spot;
- Measure physical dimensions of motor vehicle or any load being carried on the motor vehicle, and in case of non-compliance with vehicle dimension limits, the transporter should be caused to seek for a special permit;
- Record all necessary particulars regarding the motor vehicle being weighed.
- Observe good customer care, dignity and integrity.
- Report all matters to the Shift In-charge.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the shift In- charge/Axle Load Control Supervisor.
- Age: Not above 35 years of age.
- Educational minimum qualification; Holder of Full Technician certificate in Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (FTC); High qualification will have additional advantages
- Must be computer literate (at least Advanced certificate in computer Applications)
- Must be fluent in Kiswahili and English languages
- Must be a Tanzanian Citizen
- Must pass Agency Competitive entry interview
- Apart from professional qualifications candidates to assume these positions must be trustworthy, responsible, reliable, accountable, with integrity;
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 24 MONTHS CONTRACT RENEWABLE
REMUNERATION: ACCORDING TO TANROADS SALARY SCALE: TRS 4.1
Method of ApplicationOnly candidates who are willing to join the Agency immediately/after being notified are invited to send their own handwritten application letter.
All interested candidates are required to apply to undersigned not later than 15th JUNE, 2021 at 16:30 HRS attaching to their applications, CVs, copies of certificates, birth certificates, the names of three referees and candidate physical address and their daytime telephone numbers and the candidates own daytime telephone contact. Applications which will be received after the deadline shall NOT be considered. Hand delivery is permitted. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application letter should be addressed to: The Regional Manager,
TANZANIA NATIONAL ROADS AGENCY (TANROADS),
P.O. BOX 885,
- Any person with unresolved criminal offence need not apply
- Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.
- Transport costs to the interview venue will not be refunded