Weighbridge Operator x6 at Tanroads
- Company: Tanroads
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Mwanza Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS) is vested with the responsibility of Maintenance and development of Trunk and Regional Roads Networks in Tanzania Mainland. Apart from this, it is also responsible in conducting Axle Load Control Operations using weighbridges.
As a measure to strengthen capacity of discharging TANROADS’functions effectively, the Regional Manager’s Office TANROADS Mwanza on behalf of Chief Executive, seeks to recruit qualified and competent Tanzanian Citizens to fill the vacancies at its Usagara Weighing Station and Regional Office.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and competent Tanzanian to fill the various vacancies in the region on Contract terms(Renewable subject to satisfactory performance)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE:
Appointments will be on Contract Terms of Three (3) years, renewable subject to satisfactory performance, efficiency and effectiveness.
POSITION TITTLE: WEIGHBRIDGE OPERATOR – 6 POSTS
POSITION RELATIONSHIP: Reports to Weighbridge Shift Incharge
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carrying out activities as described in The East African Community Vehicle Load Control Act of 2016 and its Regulations of 2017. The activities include the following: –
- Weigh Motor Vehicles Gross Vehicle Mass(GVM) as well as axle weights as described in the prevailing guidelines.
- Impose road damage fee for overloaded vehicles.
- Measure physical dimension of Motor Vehicles or any load being carried on the motor vehicle.
- Ascertain compliance with special permits for trucks carrying abnormal loads.
- Record all necessary particulars regarding the motor vehicle being weighed
- Enforce Road Traffic Axle Load Control by the use of Weighbridge Scale devices.
- Perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- Must be Tanzanian Citizen
- Holder of a Full Technician Certificate (FTC) or Diploma in Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from a recognized Institution.
- Must be a Computer Literate
- Fluent in both Kiswahili and English
REMUNERATION: As per TANROADS Scale
- All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania with an age not above 45 years of age.
- Applicants must attach an up – to – date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contracts; postal address / post code, e-mail and telephone numbers.
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement.
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates: –
- Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
- Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
- Form IV and; or Form VI National Examination Certificate
- Professional Registration and Training Certificates from respective Registration or Regulatory Bodies, (Where applicable);
- Birth certificate;
- Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted: –
- Form IV and Form VI Results slips;
- Testimonials and all Partial transcripts;
- An Applicant must attach recent Passport Size Photo on the CV
- An applicant who has been terminated from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply;
- An applicant should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania(NECTA);
- Professional certificates from foreign Universities and other training institutions should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU)and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE);
- An applicant with special needs/case (disability) is advised to indicate;
- Only shortlisted candidates will be informed on the date of interview and;
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate legal action;
- A signed application letter should be written either in English or Kiswahili and addressed to: –
Method of ApplicationThe Regional Manager,
Tanzania National Road Agency (TANROADS),
P.O. Box 1410,
Tel:+255 28 5200340
Fax:+255 28 2500956
The deadline for the submitting applications is 25th September, 2022.