Weighbridge Operator x3 at TANROADS
- Company: TANROADS
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Iringa
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS) is an Agency under the Ministry of Works and Transport which is responsible for the Development and Maintenance of Trunk, Regional Roads Network and Airports in Tanzania Mainland; It is also responsible for conducting Axle Load Control Operations using Weighbridge scales.
As a measure to strengthen capacity of discharging TANROADS’ functions effectively, the Regional Manager’s Office TANROADS-Iringa seeks to recruit qualified and competent Tanzanian Citizens to fill the vacant positions available for Civil Engineers, Weighbridge Operators and Office Assistant.
Apart from professional qualifications requirements outlined in the positions, candidates to assume the positions must be trustworthy, responsible, reliable accountable and with high degree of integrity
- All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania;
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable; contacts;
- e Postal address, e-mail and Telephone numbers;
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
- Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of birth and academic certificates;
- Applicants who are already working at any weighbridge station with TANROADS will not be considered;
- FORM IV AND FORM VI RESULT SLIPS ARE STRICTLY NOT ACCEPTED;
- Testimonials, Partial transcripts and results will not be accepted;
- Applicants should indicate three referees with their reliable contacts;
- Certificates from foreign Universities should be certified by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU);
- Only short listed candidates will be notified and invited for an interview;
- Application letters should be hand written in English Language.
Terms and Condition of Service
- Appointment will be on Contract Terms of Three years, renewable subject to satisfactory performance.
- The salaries for the posts will be according to TANROADS Scales.
POSITION TITTLE: WEIGHBRIDGE OPERATOR – (3 POSTS)
Scope of the Position:
The successful candidate should be ready to work under minimum supervision , for considerable length of time when required.
- Enforcement of Road Traffic Axle Load Control by the use of Weighbridge Scale devices.
The position holder shall report to Weighbridge Shift in Charge/Supervisor Key qualifications:
- Holders of certificate of Secondary Education;
- Holders of Full Technician Certificate (FTC) in civil, Mechanical, Electrical or Automobile Engineering from any recognized Learning Institution/collage;
- Age: Not above 35 years;
- Must be Computer literate;
- Must be fluent in Kiswahili and English languages;
Duties and Responsibilities
- Weighbridge Operator should observe good customer care, dignity and integrity to carry out all activities as described in the road Traffic (Maximum Weight of Vehicles) Regulations, 2001 and The East African Community Vehicle Load Control (Enforcement Measures) Act and its Regulations;
- Enforcing Road Traffic Vehicle Load Control by using Weighbridge scale devices;
- Weighing all Motor Vehicles with Gross Vehicle Mass of 3500kg and above
- Verify Motor Vehicle dimensions for permit issuance;
- Calculate and imposing road damage charges on the spot for overloaded Motor vehicle;
- Supervision of technical equipment at weighbridge station;
- Measuring physical dimensions of motor vehicle or any load being carried on the motor vehicle for determining compliance or non- compliance with the vehicle dimension limits;
- Detaining vehicles contravening Axle Load Control Acts;
- Providing advices to transporters in case of non – compliance with vehicles dimension limits;
- Record all necessary particulars regarding motor vehicles being weighed;
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned by supervisor
Method of ApplicationPlease send your hand written application with your comprehensive Curriculum Vitae, so as to reach the address shown below not later than 6th September, 2022 at 16:30 hrs. Only successful candidates will be notified and invited for an interview. Those candidates who do not get invitation should consider themselves unsuccessful.
The Regional Manager,
Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS),
P.O. Box 23,