Web Editor at Mwananchi Communications Limited
- Company: Mwananchi Communications Limited
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Advertising/Media Jobs in Tanzania
Mwananchi Communications Limited, a subsidiary of Nation Media Group, and publishers of Mwananchi, The Citizen and Mwanaspoti newspaper and its digital products is looking to recruit highly motivated and experienced individuals to fill the positions of:
WEB EDITOR – MWANANCHI (1 POST)
This position requires an exceptional bilingual journalist and digital native who is obsessed with using data 8 insights to generate engaging content and build audiences across multiple platforms. You have a proven track record creating targeted, interactive web 8 social media content, managing online communities, converting casual readers and followers into engaged fans. As an audience-first digital journalist, you are obsessed with quality, clarity, accuracy and speed. You are also comfortable with various content management systems (WordPress, Drupal, CoreMedia), analytics tools (Chartbeat, Google Analytics) and footprint 8 impact trackers (Keyhole, Hootsuite).
- Use audience data to refine content strategies for news, features and special projects for mwananchi.co.tz, YouTube and social media pages, focusing on mobile-first delivery.
- Develop monthly content calendars (outside events stories) for mwananchi.co.tz, ensuring a consistent pipeline of original digital reporting and exclusive web stories.
- Upload 8 distribute articles (text, visuals 8 audio) to mwananchi.co.tz and other MCL sites and social media channels, ensuring accurate, timely content delivery for discrete audiences.
- Edit headlines and copy for websites, video 8 social media platforms utilizing SEO best- practices (use of metadata, tags, keywords, internal linking, optimized media).
- Champion the use of videos and interactive photography across MCL websites 8 social media pages, ensuring content is of exceptional, publishable quality.
- Prioritize web coverage to focus on readership (engagement) and impact, giving prominence to content that demonstrates exceptional newsworthiness and clarity.
- Develop and deploy new content formats, including new segments for our existing video platforms (YouTube 8 Instagram), interactive stories and visualizations.
- Research, cultivate 8 operationalize new digital distribution platforms for Mwananchi content (e.g. TikTok, Discord), working closely with the ME, Online 8 New Content.
- Cultivate and effectively manage relationships with various sources and stakeholders to ensure newsmakers talk to Mwananchi Digital first.
- Serve as digital liaison and champion with MCL’s various news desks 8 content team, helping them learn to deliver news for digital platforms first.
- Any other duties or responsibilities assigned by your head of unit.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Academic: Bachelor’s degree in Journalism/Mass Communication or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Experience: 3-b years working experience, preferably in a newsroom or media environment in progressively responsible editorial or content production roles.
- Technical: Expertise with digital audiences, content creation and distribution using various CMSes. Experience editing 8 sharing video (Premier Pro, Final Cut, MimoLive).
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Method of ApplicationInterested and qualified candidates should apply to [email protected]
The deadline for submitting the application is 28 February 2023.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE