Web Application Developer at Institute of Accountancy Arusha
- Company: Institute of Accountancy Arusha
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
The Institute of Accountancy Arusha is a parastatal academic institution offering Undergraduate and Postgraduate training programmes. It is established by the Institute of Accountancy Arusha Act No.1 of 1990 and is located at Njiro Hill, seven kilometers Southern-East of Arusha City. The Institute of Accountancy Arusha hereby invites applicants whom are competent and qualified.
To become an exemplary centre of excellence in modern business management training, research and consultancy services.
To provide high quality, competence-based training and offer research and consultancy services through applied technology.
WEB APPLICATION DEVELOPER – 1
We are looking for a Web and Applications Developer to provide technical expertise and resource to support and develop web services and applications within the Institute.
As part of this role he/she will participate in the support of existing services including our Virtual Learning Environment (Moodle), development of application software using appropriate current technologies and programming languages as well as receiving and resolving reported faults with the Institute’s application development and Web environment.
She/he will provide technical expertise and resource to participate directly in the planning and delivery of web/application development projects, which may be related to expansion, upgrading or rationalization or associated with developments within the
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create new web-based applications based with the rest of the development team;
- Maintain & improve the web application framework;st of the technical team;
- Write, perform, and document automated unit tests;
- Investigate any defects reported by stakeholders / end users & complete tasks to find the root cause & get the right fixes;
- Understand business requirements to ensure task requirements are met following approved best practices Requirements:
- Hands on experience developing and maintaining front end web applications with React;
- Experience with CSS/Sass frameworks such as Bootstrap including theming;
- Hands on experience developing NodeJS/ExpressJS backends to support the SPA frontend;
- Writing and implementing of API integrations with backend services;
- Experience writing automated unit tests with tools such as Jest/React testing library;
- Demonstrable experience with server-side frameworks such as python, ruby, php, Java, ASP, ASP.NET;
- Demonstrable experience with database systems such as MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, etc.;
- A good understanding of design principles and writing clean code;
- Understanding of CI/CD pipeline environments;
- An understanding of developing and maintaining enterprise software systems;
- Work closely with technical team and other end users to develop the best possible solutions;
- Identify, resolve, and document any application security compliance issues;
- An understanding of the software product development lifecycle & test processes; and
- A degree in Computer science / Computer Engineering / Information Technology / Mobile Application Development / Information Systems Development or related field.
General Conditions to Interested Applicants:
- All applicants must be citizens of Tanzania
- Applicants must attach up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) bearing reliable contacts, postal address, e-mail address and accessible, reliable mobile phone numbers and three reputable referees
- All applications must be attached with relevant copies of academic certificates & transcripts
- Form IV & VI certificates (if applicable),
- Birth certificate iv. Form IV result slips, partial testimonials or partial result slips are strictly not accepted
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies and universities should have been authenticated by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and TCU
- All attachment should be in one PDF document.
- Applicants with special needs/cases or disability are encouraged to apply and are supposed to indicate so in their application letters
- Women are highly encouraged to apply ix. Only shortlisted applicants will be informed on the date for interview x. Application letters should be in English.
- Application letters and documents should be sent through Email at IAA Main Campus at Njiro- Arusha
Method of ApplicationAll applications should be directed to:
INSTITUTE OF ACCOUNTANCY ARUSHA
P. O. BOX 2798
Through email: [email protected] For More Inquiries Contact: +255 272970232.
Deadline for applications is 14th April, 2022 at 04:00 pm