Watsan Technician at Médecins Sans Frontières
- Company: Médecins Sans Frontières
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
JOB VACANCY – Watsan Technician
Title: WATSAN TECHNICIAN
Direct Reports: WATSAN MANAGER
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Minimum Educational Qualification: Technical certification or proven background, desirable specialization in water and sanitation
· Previous experience in technical works
Knowledge and skills
· Basic plumbing skills, usage of tools. Basic calculation skills. Basic skills on stock management.
· Results and quality orientation.
· Teamwork and cooperation.
· Behavioural Flexibility.
· Commitment to MSF Principles.
· Stress Management.
· English and Swahili (fluent, oral & written) required.
Supporting the Watsan Manager in the implementation, monitoring, maintaining, and trouble-shooting of Water Hygiene Sanitation activities and infrastructure in the project according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to improve health and living conditions of the target population
• Carrying out tasks directly related to the Watsan activities such as construction and maintenance of infrastructures in the project according to MSF protocols and standards concerning the operation of water supply, waste management and excreta disposal, hygiene and infection control.
• Ensuring the cleaning and maintenance of the Watsan structures and when applicable, of the medical facilities.
• Identifying, recruiting, training, and supervising daily labourers or hygiene agents for Watsan activities
• Informing the Watsan Manager of any difficulties, anomalies and problems that may affect the normal functioning of activities and tasks in his/her area of responsibility.
• Assisting the Watsan Manager in Watsan data collection and reporting, as well as maintaining updated files and records of assigned project activities
• Being responsible for equipment, tools, and consumables, verifying that they are safely used and maintained. Reporting to the supervisor any need of renewal and the weekly/monthly consumption
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities:
Carry out all water and sanitation related activities in MSF premises:
– Daily data collection and follow-up.
– Maintenance of water and wastewater network, drainages and grease traps.
– Cleaning of water tanks and reservoirs.
– Maintenance of water dispensers and WASH tools (water analysis tools, water pumps).
– Preparing and implementation of IRS.
– Waste management.
– Idientify WASH related needs and follow-up of items and stocks.
Implement and supervise WASH related activities in MoH supported facilities:
– Follow-up of water supply, data collection.
– Support MoH personel in water network and waste water network.maintenance.
– Follow-up on waste management quality through supervision and trainings.
– Participate in improving hygiene standards and IPC in close collaboration with MoH staff.
– Participate in improving linen and laundry management.
– Preparing and implementation of IRS.
Produce weekly and monthly reports of wash activities in supported premises and facilities, using data collected, according to given templates.
Method of ApplicationAll interested candidates shall submit their motivation letter, CV and copy of relevant professional certificates not later than Friday, October 13th , 2023 at 4:00 PM. Please quote the job title on the email subject “WATSAN TECHNICIAN”.
Please send your application to the email address [email protected]. The applications can also be submitted at MSF offices situated at Warioba RD, Mikocheni B, Plot 100, Daima Street House no 16, Dar Es-Salaam or To MSF Project Admin in Nduta Refugees Camp, Kibondo District, or MSF Office – Liwale
• Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply. • People living with disability and minorities are highly encouraged to apply.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your data only for the recruitment process to have all the information and documents necessary to proceed with the recruitment, validation of your application and selection of the most suitable candidate. Your data will be treated confidentially. Only people part of the recruitment process have access to your data. MSF does not sell your data under any circumstances. If you have any questions or requests, you can contact [email protected]
ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED