Water Treatment Plant Engineer at Barrick
- Company: Barrick
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Musoma Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Bulyanhulu Gold Mine Jobs in Tanzania - Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
The Barrick Africa Middle East Team is seeking to recruit a Water Treatment Plant Engineer to join and grow our team.
Join our exceptional team and embody Barrick’s core values as you work with us. We are in search of individuals who can champion Barrick’s DNA by:
- Communicating Honestly, Transparently, and Acting with Integrity.
- Exhibiting a Results-Driven approach.
- Delivering solutions that are Fit for Purpose.
- Dedicating themselves to Building a Sustainable Legacy.
- Taking Responsibility and being Accountable.
- Committing to Zero Harm.
- Cultivating strong and meaningful Partnerships.
If you’re ready to contribute to our world-class team while embracing these values, we encourage you to apply and become a valued member of our diverse workforce.
- Recommend technical design or process changes to improve efficiency, quality, or performance of the plant.
- Provides integrated water treatment solutions with a focus on minimizing environmental impact, rapid deployment, flexibility, reducing risk and optimizing costs
- Prepare technical or operational reports on plant health performance.
- Evaluate designs or specifications to ensure quality of the product.
- Identify opportunities to improve operational efficiency and cost saving.
- Develop technical methods or processes of the plant operation.
- Analyze costs and benefits of proposed water treatment designs or projects.
- Analyze operational data to evaluate plant operations, processes or products.
- Create models of engineering designs/methods for site water reticulation
- Provide an adaptable and cost-effective solution to planned water treatment projects
- Evaluate the operation and maintenance of water or wastewater systems to identify ways to improve their efficiency.
- Design or select equipment for use in wastewater processing to ensure compliance with government standards.
- Design advanced facilities with sequencing batch reactors (SBR), membranes, lift stations, headworks, surge overflow basins, ultraviolet disinfection systems, aerobic digesters or sludge lagoons
- Design pumping systems, pumping stations, pipelines for Process Plant
- Analyze and recommend chemical, biological, or other cost saving treatment methods.
- Develop plans for new water resources or water efficiency programs.
- Perform mathematical modeling of underground or surface water resources
- Oversees operation of facilities to meet all applicable regulatory requirements and in accordance with design criteria. Develops and implements techniques and methods of process control which increase plant efficiency.
- Plant evaluation to improve overall plant effectiveness and ensure effective resolution to in-time problems.
- Ensure that all Environmental and Safety Standards and procedures are maintained according to ISO14001, ISO45001 AND ISO9001 Standards
- Implements, directs, and enforces plant safety and risk management programs.
- Coordinates equipment repair or replacement such that plant effluent quality limits are maintained.
- Management of designs including oversight of reports, specifications, and drafting of drawings
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical/Process Engineering or Equivalent
- Registered Engineer from Engineer Registration Board Tanzania – ERB
Experience and competencies needed.
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in Reverse Osmosis, Ultrafiltration, Microfiltration, Ion Exchange and Media Filter Commissioning and Operation Experience.
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in monitoring and writing report on plant health (RO, UF, MF and IX) performance.
- Minimum 5 years post-professional qualification technical design/drawing experience in process circuit.
- Systems and software skills; Visio, Scada, AutoCAD, Stella Architect and or other Modeling Softwares will be added advantages.
- Chemistry – Knowledge of the chemical composition, structure, and properties of substances and of the chemical processes and transformations that they undergo. This includes uses of chemicals and their interactions, danger signs, production techniques, and disposal methods.
- Quality Control Analysis – Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance
- Effective communication and Team Building
- English literacy and numeracy
- Computer Programming skills – Python (Anaconda), Excel Macros
- Systems Skills: SAP
- Perform safety inspections and identify safety hazards.
- Possess a Valid Tanzanian driving license
- Technical Experience on Reverse Osmosis Technology
- Experience with software skill, modelling and mass balances
- Able to Drive Manual Transmission/Stick Shift Transmission.
What We Can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses and site-specific benefits.
- The ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th December, 2023