Water Supply and Sanitation Infrastructure Manager at Tetra Tech
- Company: Tetra Tech
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Iringa
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Tanzania
The USAID-funded Maji na Usafi wa Mazingira (MUM) project in Tanzania, implemented by Tetra Tech International Development (International Development Jobs – Tetra Tech), is currently accepting expressions of interest for a Water Supply and Sanitation Infrastructure Manager. This position will be located in the main office in Iringa.Position Description/Summary: Under the supervision of the Water Services Team Lead, the Water Supply and Sanitation Infrastructure Manager will be responsible for water and sanitation infrastructure implementation, including site investigation, design, environmental compliance, preparation of bidding packages, and construction management services for USAID’s construction contractor(s). In coordination with the Chief of Party (COP) and Deputy COP-Technical, the Water Supply and Sanitation Infrastructure Manager will manage two lead engineers as part of their supervisory responsibility over the engineering and construction management components of MUM’s WASH infrastructure implementation as part of Strategic Objectives 1 & 3.Responsibilities
- Provide day-to-day supervision of MUM’s WASH infrastructure implementation team, including direct supervision of two (2) Lead Engineers mentoring and coaching of project engineers and graduate engineering interns, ensuring that all staff are performing to adequate levels and maintaining satisfactory progress.
- Responsible for all environmental compliance of water supply and fecal sludge management treatment facilities infrastructure intervention, developing environmental mitigation and monitoring plans (EMMPs) and ensuring that products adhere to the requirements of those plans in line with SO4 interventions on green infrastructures.
- Work closely with technical staff, in coordination with the management team, to ensure integration of SO1, SO2, SO3 and SO4 plans.
- Support coordination and cooperation efforts with MUM sub-contractors and local institutional partners including Ministry of Water, RUWASA, BWBs, WSSAs and CBWSOs.
- Supervise interventions, provide technical assistance, and align or tailor programming in design, bidding package preparation, and construction management for water supply and sanitation infrastructure development.
- Ensure operationalization of water and sanitation system O&M standard practices for RUWASA, WSSAs, and CBWSOs.
- Support efforts to build engineering and construction management capacity for RUWASA, WSSAs, and CBWSOs.
- Support efforts required for meeting contractual obligations under SO1 & SO3, produce deliverables and targets, and achieve project results as specified by USAID.
- Ensure quality control of infrastructure products prepared by the team and provide technical guidance to partners.
- Communicate/work with key stakeholders at regional, national and district levels and establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders.
- In coordination with the SO1, SO3, SO4 Leads and DCOP-Tech, provide leadership, supervision, and direction to ensure high quality standards of all deliverables and work products.
- Assist the SO1, SO3, SO4 Leads and management team with the preparation of work plans that define the activities to be carried out under the project, of progress reports that update the client on project implementation, and of all other major project deliverables defined in the contract.
- Monitor and evaluate project performance and progress of infrastructure related activities against approved work plans under SO1, SO3 and SO4 and inform the DCOP-Tech of the results of this monitoring, including suggested corrective measures where appropriate.
- Comply with Tetra Tech policy on media inquiries, consulting with the management team on response management.
- Degree in relevant field such as civil or water resources engineering, water and environmental engineering.
- Master’s degree or equivalent and 7 years’ experience in a relevant field, OR bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 10 years’ experience in a relevant field.
- Demonstrated technical experience in water supply delivery, including in at least three of the following areas: infrastructure development, hydraulic design, preparation of bidding packages for water supply infrastructure, training and capacity building, community engagement, and pro-poor approaches to WASH access.
- Minimum of seven years’ progressively responsible relevant professional experience in international development. At least three years must be in a management position.
- Experience with sanitation infrastructure in urban settings and managing donor-funded activities is desired.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Swahili.
- Computer literate (in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.), including AutoCAD and hydraulic modeling/design software.
- Demonstrated experience overseeing teams across multiple WASH focuses, ensuring appropriately tailored and synchronized activities.
- Knowledge of water supply infrastructure design, bidding document production, and construction management.
To Be Considered, Please Submit The Following
- Cover Letter
Please ensure that only the requested documents noted above are submitted. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities.Tetra Tech International Development is committed to safeguarding and technical excellence in equality and social inclusion. Our team of dedicated Gender, Youth, and Social Inclusion (GYSI) advisers work closely with our staff and partners to share international norms and best practices to improve the livelihoods of the world’s most marginalized groups. Tetra Tech International Development is especially interested in candidates that can contribute to our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives that aim to expand inclusion and an authentic sense of belonging to all our staff regardless of background.Reasonable Accommodations
We are dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please visit Tetra Tech’s Disability Assistance Page or contact our Global Talent Operations team. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 550 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees — 27,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans employer.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th September, 2023.