Water Supply and Sanitation Engineer at Brooklyn Economic Consulting Ltd
- Company: Brooklyn Economic Consulting Ltd
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
At Brooklyn Economic Consulting Ltd we provide rigorous Research, Data Insights and Advisory Services to our clients. Using our academic and research expertise, we have delivered functional solutions to our clients in the ever changing business, social and development environment. Our core service includes;
- Strategy, Policy and Advisory
- Business and Market Analytics
- Evaluation and Project Management
- becoconsulting IT Lab ( Data analytics, Geopolitical Intelligence & Training)
More about us, please visit our website www.becoconsulting.com
About the Job: We are looking for suitable Water Supply and Sanitation Engineer candidate to fill the above position, based in field locations (Kenya, Somalia, Tanzania and South Sudan). The position reports to director.
- Support team in identifying and executing WASH proposals (Water supply and sanitation programmes) in Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania.
- Implement water supply, sanitation and drainage feasibility assessment’s in various locations in East and Horn of Africa.
- Preparation and implementation of detailed water supply, sanitation and storm water feasibility studies including developing reports, technical design reports and bill of quantities.
- Preparation, review of detailed civil drawings and designs in respect of projects being undertaken by the company,
- Planning and designing of water supply systems, including: intakes, transmission and distribution systems, pumping systems, water treatment plants, reservoirs, infiltration galleries, stilling pans etc. in small towns and humanitarian contexts.
- Regularly attending projects site inspections and site meetings with stakeholders and preparation of project daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly progress reports
- Conducting, coordinating & analyzing site quality control tests as maybe required.
- Checking the adherence to specification, standards of all ongoing and completed works.
- Manage each client needs and expectation for the project assigned.
- Any other duty as may be assigned from time to time.
- BSc degree in Civil Engineering, Water Supply Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Public Health Engineering or related fields.
- At least (2-3) years of practical experience in construction supervision & construction management of water and sanitation infrastructure in East Africa or equivalent civil works construction management
- Experience and knowledge of best practices in water, sanitation and hygiene, including advocacy for open defecation free communities/environments, water safety planning and WASH in Schools and communities.
- Specialization and experience in issues of sustainable development, with strong understanding of institutional and policy themes and the building of personal and institutional capacity.
- Experience in issues of water and sanitation, with a sound understanding of private sector participation and social-economic aspects of water and sanitation.
- Regional/international experience of water supply systems, sanitation works and strategies in comparable situations, including institutional, operation and management mechanisms
- Familiarity with AutoCAD and Water-CAD, or similar hydraulic design software.
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills is preferred and Knowledge of second language will be an added advantage.
- Strong and proven facilitation skills to ensure participation in the evaluation process
- Experience working with INGO’s and government is preferred.
- Willingness to work within and outside Kenya;
- Please submit evidence of writing skills (Water supply/ Sanitation reports authored by the consultant including sample design drawings in PDF)
- Attach certified copy of highest certificate.
- State expected consultancy fees per month.
- State evidence of availability.
Method of ApplicationInterested candidates should apply by sending their cover letter, resume, sample report online by 5th June 2022 to [email protected]
All application will be reviewed on rolling basis. Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification from recruitment process.