Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) at Chemonics International Inc.
- Company: Chemonics International Inc.
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
Chemonics International Inc.
Chemonics seeks a Water Security & Stewardship Director for the anticipated USAID Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) activity in Tanzania. The Activity’s overall objective is to expand the provision and governance of WASH services and the management of water resources through partnership with the government and private sector. The Water Security & Stewardship Director will be responsible for building capacity and strengthening operational efficiency of basin water boards (BWBs) and water user associations (WUAs) to increase the active stewardship of water resources in target regions of Tanzania. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Under the chief of party, provides leadership, oversight, and coordination of technical activities strengthening regulatory authorities and associations’ capacity for water resource stewardship and watershed protection
- Manages program efforts to increase BWB and WUA awareness of population-based and environmental threats to water resources and the impacts of water resource degradation in Tanzania
- Liaise with the Ministry of Water, BWBs and WUAs to design and implement environmental risk mitigation plans to prevent or reverse catchment degradation and preserve groundwater resources
- Guide program staff in activities building the financial security, operational efficiency, and institutional capacity of BWBs and WUAs
- Master’s degree or higher in water and natural resource management, environmental science, water and sanitation engineering, public administration, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience in a related field;
- A minimum of 7 years’ of experience in the design, implementation, and management of donor-funded (USAID preferred) WASH programs, coordination with local natural resource authorities and government associations, watershed and water resource protection, or in other related fields in an international context;
- Experience in capacity building and supporting financial autonomy of regulatory and parastatal organizations;
- Experience with Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) and youth integration in project implementation preferred;
- Knowledge of the legal frameworks governing watershed and water resource management in Tanzania preferred;
- Proven record of fostering collaboration and innovation to achieve program goals, meet program milestones, and produce quality program results;
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity;
- Fluency in English with excellent oral and written communication skills required; proficiency in Swahili preferred; and
- Experience working in Sub-Saharan Africa strongly preferred.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 21st November, 2020.