Water Resource Management Team Lead at Tetra Tech
- Company: Tetra Tech
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Pwani Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The USAID-funded Tanzania Maji na Usafi wa Mazingira Activity (MUM) activity in Tanzania, implemented by Tetra Tech International Development, is currently accepting expressions of interest for a Water Resource Management Team Lead/Rufiji Basin Water Board Coordinator. This position will be located in the main office in Iringa, Tanzania.
MUM is a five year (August 2021 – July 2026) $25 million activity implemented by Tetra Tech that will expand and sustain WASH services through improved drinking water service, increased access to WASH finance, improved market-based sanitation, and strengthened water resources management. Water Resource Management Team Lead will be responsible for technical implementation and expected results achievement for Strategic Objective 4. In coordination with the COP, DCOP-Tech and DCOP-Ops, the Water Resource Management Team Lead will manage technical staff within Strategic Objective 4 and also serve as the Basin Water Board.
* Provide day-to-day supervision of Strategic Objective 4 team, including direct supervision of the Rukwa and Nyasa Basin Water Board Coordinators.
* Carry out duties and responsibilities as the Rufiji Basin Water Board coordinator.
* Work closely with technical staff, in coordination with the management team, to ensure the integration of SO4 with other activity components.
* Coordinate and manage implementation relations with the project’s target basin water boards, water user associations, and the WRM Division at the Ministry of Water (MOW).
* Coordinate interventions, provide technical assistance, and align or tailor programming where appropriate.
* Manage efforts required for meeting contractual obligations under SO4, produce deliverables and targets, and achieve project results as specified by USAID through the Task Order (TO).
* Support closeout activities, working with the COP, DCOP OPS, Admin staff and home office team.
* Provide quality control of products prepared by the team and provide technical guidance to partners.
* Communicate/work with key stakeholders at regional, national and district levels and establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders.
* In coordination with the DCOP-Tech, provide leadership, supervision, and direction to the SO4 team and additional short-term technical assistance (STTA) resources to ensure high quality standards of all deliverables and work products.
* Assist the management team with the preparation of work plans that define the activities to be carried out under the project, of progress reports that update the client on project implementation, and of all other major project deliverables defined in the contract.
* Monitor and evaluate project performance and progress against approved work plans under SO4 and inform the DCOP-Tech of the results of this monitoring, including suggested corrective measures where appropriate.
* In consultation with the COP/DCOP Tech, represent Tetra Tech ARD at conferences, seminars, and other professional meetings related to the SO4 component
* Comply with Tetra Tech policy on media inquiries, consulting with the management team on response management.
* Any other relevant duties as shall be determined by the COP/DCOP- Technical
* Master’s degree or equivalent and 7 years in relevant field or bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 10 years in relevant field. Knowledge and experience within Tanzania water resources management sectors. Must possess valid registration with engineering registration board and must maintain valid practicing license at professional level category or above during the performance period.
* Degree in engineering discipline such as civil/environmental/ hydrology/water resources/agriculture/irrigation engineering. Post graduate degree in a relevant field such as water resources management, Integrated water resources management, engineering management, project management etc.
* Demonstrated technical experience in integrated water resources management in Tanzania, including in at least three of the following areas: integrated water resources management, river basin development and management, water resources data acquisition and management, water resources financing including payment for environmental services (PES) mechanisms, water abstraction surveys, and pro-poor approaches to water access. Progressively responsible relevant professional experience in international development, three years in a management position. Demonstrated experience overseeing teams across multiple WASH focuses, ensuring appropriately tailored and synchronized activities. Experience with managing donor funded activities desired.
* Computer literate (in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) and professional applications such Aquarius, mWater, GIS mapping, etc.
* Fluency in written and spoken English and Kiswahili preferred
* Willingness to work/live in Iringa, Tanzania.
* Please note: Only Tanzanian citizens are eligible for this position.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that your Cover Letter and CV/Resume are uploaded and submit only the requested documentation as part of your application. Incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 21,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th November, 2022.