Water Distribution Technician II (2) at Kiliwater Company Limited
- Company: Kiliwater Company Limited
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kilimanjaro
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
Kiliwater Company Limited
Kiliwater Company Limited is a non-profit Public Organization under Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Agency (RUWASA) which is full autonomous Water Utility responsible for the provision of basic demand of adequate clean and safe drinking water and improvement of hygienic situation in Rombo District. Kiliwater Company Limited is looking for dynamic, results driven individual to fill in the vacant posts:
Position: Water Distribution Technician II (2 Posts)
Purpose of the Job
This is a supervision position in which the position holder will be responsible to supervise the entire allocated area of water supply networks and community hygienic proportion.
Main duties and Responsibility
- Acts as overall in charge of junior staff in their respective areas.
- Conducts on job training for his/her junior staff.
- Prepares maps and diagrams of water pipelines.
- Assists in general water meters maintenance activities such as installation, removal and repairs.
- Performs chlorine residual checks at storage tanks, distribution system and water points,
- Supervises customer water meter readings and submit data for preparation of customers’ bills,
- Prepares demand of materials for new pipeline construction and fixtures required for repairs and maintenance of pipelines,
- Responds to questions and concerns from general public regarding water services issues, and provide information as appropriate,
- Establishes and maintain a positive working relationship with representatives of Village Water Committees, Government or local agencies,
- Makes regular checks in water intakes and treatment plants to ensure proper operations,
- Performs general preventive and maintenance of water pipelines and structures,
- Creates, Reviews and updates Standard Operating Procedures of water supply schemes,
- Contributes to the development of performance measurement of his/her junior staff,
- Assists in preparing and monitoring operating, maintenance and capital investment budgets,
- Performs other related duties as he/she may be assigned by his/her superiors
Minimum Job Requirements
- Holder of full Technician Certificate in Civil Engineering (FTC) or Diploma in Water Supply and Sanitation Engineering.
- Working knowledge of proper water works plumbing methods and techniques.
- Computer literate.
- Good in computer knowledge and skills,
- Able to communicate effectively both in English and Swahili languages.
- Proactive, good communicator, team player and self-motivated.
- Able to work under minimum supervision
- The applicant should be below 35 years when lodging this application
Nature of Employment
- Five years (5) renewable depending on the performance
- This position attracts competitive salary plus other fringe benefits
Method of Application
A written application along with Curriculum Vitae to include reliable contacts (emails and day time working telephone), applicant’s recent passport size and copies of all relevant certificates, transcripts and testimonies, names and addresses of at least three (3) reputable referees to reach the undersigned by 15th October, 2020 before 15:30 hours Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
The deadline for submitting the application is October 15, 2020