WASH Project Manager at NRC
- Company: NRC
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kigoma
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
The purpose of the wash Project Manager position is to implement delegated wash project portfolio.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Line management for project staff
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Contribute to the development of Country, Area and wash strategies, initiate and participate in the development of relevant wash projects
- Coordinate and manage wash project implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements
- Implement technical direction and ensure high technical quality of projects
- Provide regular progress reports to the Wash/Shelter PDM and Area manager
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Ensure that assessment, programme design and implementation considers needs and vulnerabilities within the community.
- On the basis of these assessments to design and construct appropriate responses (both programmatic and advocacy) to meet people’s basic WASH needs including water reticulation system, excreta disposal, solid waste management, drainage, vector control, and hygiene.
- Ensure that WASH programme design is informed by and integrated with NRC’s other priority sectors of camp management, education and Shelter.
- To ensure that sustainable systems are set in place for longer term operation and maintenance of all water and sanitation infrastructure, including the provision of all necessary training.
- Prepare and oversee the implementation process to ensure timely delivery of programme activities (for example, monitoring against log frames, individual performance management work plans).
- Minimum 3 years of experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Technical Wash expertise
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of the context in Tanzania is an advantage
- Emergency & Protracted crisis WASH assistance in camp set up
- Knowledge of the local language (Swahili) is an advantage
- Experience with start-up of operations
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Handling insecure environments
To learn more regarding this role, please click on the link WASH Project Manager
What we offer
12 months of full-time contract
Grade: 8 in NRC’s grade structure
Tanzanian national terms and conditions apply.
Duty station: Kibondo
Start Date: As soon as possible
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 4th March, 2021.