Warehouse Officer at International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Company: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kigoma
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
Requisition ID: req19357
Job Title: Warehouse Officer
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Kasulu, Tanzania
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is one of the largest humanitarian agencies in the world, providing relief, rehabilitation, and post-conflict reconstruction support to victims of oppression and violent conflict. IRC has worked for over seven decades and today is involved in over 25 conflict zones in the world. IRC addresses both the immediate, life saving needs of conflict affected people in an emergency and the reconstruction needs in post conflict societies. IRC is committed to a culture of bold leadership, innovation in all aspects of our work, creative partnerships, and thorough accountability to those we serve. The IRC is an international agency with offices in London, New York, and Geneva.
- Understand, implement and / or maintain standard IRC inventory management policies and procedures (SOPs).
- Responsible for management and security of the IRC Kasulu general store.
- Responsible for technical and collaboration with stores Focal staff in Nyarugusu Camp.
- Ensures that all items are stored appropriately, maintain the stores in accordance to the standard and in good order.
- Informs the on supplies which are near to expire as per IRC store guidelines.
- Provides Weekly and Quarterly store report (inventory) and submit to Snr Supply Chain Officer.
- Train warehouse staff as required on all stores procedures.
- Manage and document the receipt, handling, storage, release and reporting of goods through the IRC warehouse(s).
- Advise the Snr Supply Chain Officer of potential inventory shortages for the replacement
- Follow up with Snr Supply Chain Officer on donation in kind materials which are being delivered directly to the Camp with donors and provide report of the same on monthly basis.
- Ensure the maintenance of warehouse building(s), fittings and equipment in Kasulu, Nyarugusu.
- Implement and ensure clear loading / unloading procedures, correct block stacking and turnover (FIFO) and LIFO methods procedures.
- Advise the Snr Supply Chain Officer of warehouse-specific issues or improvements.
- Maintain the Warehouse activity book recording all outgoing and incoming receipts and activities. (i.e. Warehouse Register)
- Update as per IRC requirements, the Asset register, Asset inventory list and expendable store inventory list and produce weekly and monthly reports.
- Ensure that Loan form of assets are filed and signed under custody of IRC and have proper, readable and easily identifiable stickers.
- Ensure inventory counts are happening in accordance with schedule outlines in the inventory management SOP, that is regular count, cycle count, grant end count and year end count.
- Responsible for physical inspection, receiving and documentation of all incoming stock.
- Keeps accurate and up to date records of all items released from the stores.
- Keeps stock cards up to date, and provides information on stock situation as requested.
- Assists the Snr Supply Chain Officer in ensuring adequate stock balances.
- Always make sure you clean the stores, keep the items cleaned and in good order.
a. Degree in Materials Management (Inventory), Business Administration, Economics, or any other related bachelor’s degree.
b. 2 years working experience as Warehouse Personnel in any warehouse operation.
c. 1 year working experience in an NGO as Warehouse Personnel.
d. Computer literacy in warehouse data base.
e. 1 year experience in any of supply chain functions (Fleet or Procurement).
f. Proven experience in managing pharmacy store IS AN ADDED ADVANTAGE.
Please beware that The IRC does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fee). IRC does not request any information related to bank accounts. If asked of any payment please contact [email protected]
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th August, 2021.