Warehouse Manager at Ministry of Health (MoHCDEC)
- Company: Ministry of Health (MoHCDEC)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
The Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Eldery and Children (Health) through Immunization and Vaccine Development Program (IVD) under the Department of Preventive Services has solicited support and collaboration from different stakeholders, one of them is Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunizations (GAVI).
In fulfilling the task of providing leadership to the Health Sector response to Immunization and Vaccine, IVD intends to employ six (6) suitably qualified Tanzanian candidates under renewable contractual agreement for a period of three (3) years as follows: –
Position : Warehouse Manager (One Position)
Supervisor (s): Head, Logistic and Cold Chain
Level of Effort: Full time
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam
The warehouse manager will be responsible for management of the vaccines and dry warehouses at IVD.
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Complies with SOPs for vaccine management, good warehousing practices, handling and safe working in cold and freezer rooms, Vaccine Arrival reports, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Compile requisitions from regions and prepares distribution lists to regions after approval from head, logistic unit.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy, Material management, Procurement, or any other qualification with at least 3 years’ working experience in logistics/warehouse management, preferably in vaccines’ warehouse management.
- Should have skills in supervision, budget development, safety management, developing standards, managing process, inventory control, reporting skills, analyzing information, equipment maintenance, and team work.
- All applicants must be citizens of Tanzania and Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
- Birth certificate.
- National ID.
- Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted
- Form IV and form VI results slips;
- Testimonials and all Partial transcripts.
- Applicants employed in the Public Service should route their application letters through their respective employers.
- Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE).
- Certificates from Foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
- Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed/advised to indicate.
- Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview.
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action.
Method of ApplicationAll applications should be sent to:
Permanent Secretary (Health),
Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Eldery and Children,
NB: Closing date will be two weeks from the first advertisement in this newspaper.
Only successful candidates will be contacted and all interview costs will be borne by the applicants.