Warehouse Administrator at Ministry of Health (MoHCDEC)
- Company: Ministry of Health (MoHCDEC)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
Ministry of Health (MoHCDEC)
The Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Eldery and Children (Health) through Immunization and Vaccine Development Program (IVD) under the Department of Preventive Services has solicited support and collaboration from different stakeholders, one of them is Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunizations (GAVI).
In fulfilling the task of providing leadership to the Health Sector response to Immunization and Vaccine, IVD intends to employ six (6) suitably qualified Tanzanian candidates under renewable contractual agreement for a period of three (3) years as follows: –
Position : Warehouse Administrator: (One Position)
Supervisor (s): Head, Logistic and Cold Chain
Level of Effort: Full time
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam
The warehouse operational officer will be responsible for monitoring all daily warehouse operation as guided by supervisor.
Responsibilities will include:
- To assist in safeguards warehouse operations by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Assist in monitoring inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
- Maintains good environmental condition and physical cleanness in the warehouses.
- Supervise warehouses staff functions to ensure proper utilization of available resources.
- Liaise with fleet manager to ensure timely distribution of vaccines and related supplies.
- Prepare monthly/weekly warehouses operational reports.
- Assist in the assessment of the current situation of the warehouse including warehouse facilities, condition of the equipment, manpower in place and processes.
- Maintain customer care services for warehouses.
- Supervise warehouses arrangements and packing of vaccines and related supplies for distribution.
- Assist in ensuring appropriate procedures and systems are in place to ensure efficiency of the warehouse operations.
- Coordinate orientation and on job training for newcomers on the warehouses.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
Applicants for this position should possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or Bachelor’s degree in public administration/Bachelor’s degree in human resource management.
- At least 3 years working experience in business management.
- Should have skills in supervision, safety management, managing process, inventory control, reporting skills, analyzing information, equipment maintenance, team work.
- Ability to work with computers (excel, word, PowerPoint, publisher).
- All applicants must be citizens of Tanzania and Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
- Birth certificate.
- National ID.
- Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted
- Form IV and form VI results slips;
- Testimonials and all Partial transcripts.
- Applicants employed in the Public Service should route their application letters through their respective employers.
- Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE).
- Certificates from Foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
- Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed/advised to indicate.
- Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview.
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action.
Method of ApplicationAll applications should be sent to:
Permanent Secretary (Health),
Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Eldery and Children,
NB: Closing date will be two weeks from the first advertisement in this newspaper.
Only successful candidates will be contacted and all interview costs will be borne by the applicants.