Volunteer role: Research on disability inclusion in the Future Makers at VSO
- Company: VSO
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Shinyanga
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Tanzania
|Partner organisation||Tanzania Women Chamber of Commerce(TWCC-Shinyanga)|
|Application Closing Date|
|Start date||June 2023|
|Mode of delivery||Working at project location|
VSO is the world’s leading international development charity that works through volunteers to create a fair world for everyone. At VSO we pride ourselves on doing development differently. We fight poverty not by sending aid, but by working through volunteers and partners to create long-lasting change in some of the world’s poorest regions. We bring key stakeholders together to co-ordinate collective action, from local organisations to national governments. Our programmes in Africa and Asia focus on health, education and livelihoods, with an increasing emphasis on resilience, peace building, social accountability, gender and social inclusion. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change that will improve the lives of generations to come.
Working at project location – In this role, you will provide on-site support in the project location and/or VSO office, (full-time unless otherwise specified) for a set period of time.
We are looking for researchers to build robust evidence and learn about approaches and strategies towards disability inclusion in VSO livelihood interventions.
The research will be conducted between June and July 2023 and only two volunteers from Ilemela and Sengerema Districts in Mwanza will be needed.
Ideal Applicant Summary
The ideal candidate will have:
• Experience of undertaking research and data collection
• Experience in designing approaches and tools for research.
• Experience of working virtually and coordinating field-level data collection
• Experience of undertaking data collection with beneficiaries and conducting analysis and reporting
• Experience of working on issues of livelihoods in specific youth entrepreneurship and enterprise and social inclusion
• Experience of working on issues of disability inclusion in the development
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
• Ability to be open-minded and respectful
• Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
• Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
• Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 27th April, 2023.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE