VMMC Services Manager at THPS
- Company: THPS
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
ADVERTISEMENT FOR JOB VACANCIES
Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under nongovernmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministries of Health Community Development Gender Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) Regional Administration and Local Governments (PORALG), Ministry of Home Affairs (MoHA) and Ministry of Health in Zanzibar. THPS’ goal is to ensure accessible high-quality health care services to Tanzanians; through strengthening of health systems.
THPS, has been awarded by CDC/PEPFAR to implement the five (5) years project AFYA HATUA (Sustain Treatment, Enrolment and HIV Prevention- STEP). Through AFYA HATUA, THPS will deliver client centered, comprehensive facility and community-based HIV prevention, care, and treatment services for general, key and vulnerable populations in Pwani, Kigoma and Shinyanga regions, and contribute to the country’s epidemic control. Based on the Government of Tanzania’s (GoT) National Multisectoral Strategic Framework (NMSF) IV, Health Sector HIV Strategic Plan (HSHSP) IV, and PEPFAR COP21 priorities, AFYA HATUA will extend best practices and lessons learned from THPS’s 10+ years of implementing HIV programs in Tanzania. THPS will partner with all LGAs in the 3 regions, faith-based health facilities, and community-based, key population (KP)-led organizations to achieve the project goals.
Position Title: VMMC Services Manager
Reports to: Facility Services Program Lead
Location: Dar es Salaam with 50% travel to Kigoma and Shinyanga
The Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) Manager provides technical expertise in the scale up and implementation of quality and safe VMMC services in the supported regions. S/He serves as a member of the central technical team and effectively provides technical, strategic and operational leadership to develop and implement a preventive strategy for VMMC that decreases men’s risk of acquiring HIV and increases VMMC coverage including at low coverage areas to reach saturation and achieve the greatest HIV prevention impact possible, with particular focus on reaching adult men and high-risk populations in supported regions. The VMMC Manager will organize VMMC activities through MOHCDGEC, PORALG, R/CHMTs and THPS regional staff and be responsible for advising and managing VMMC service delivery according to national guidelines at static and satellite health facilities, outreach, and mobile sites. S/He ensures all key deliverables in VMMC programing at THPS are attained at high performance levels.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic leadership and oversight in the development, planning and monitoring of program implementation to deliver comprehensive package of safe and quality VMMC services that increase awareness, demand, and coverage of VMMC services among target age group at supported regions.
- Provide technical support to the project team, MoHCDGEC, PORALG and R/CHMTs including the development of guidelines, standard operating procedures (SOPs), protocols, and dissemination of packages for HIV prevention and VMMC capacity building and
- Develop work plans including strategies and smart objectives/activities for VMMC services integrating appropriate interventions including HIV prevention, care and treatment
- Provide technical expertise on surgical procedures and approaches, techniques and new technologies g. device driven circumcision, making the procedure safer, efficient and cost effective and in line with WHO, PEPFAR and national requirements and standards.
- Support technical assistance and supervision of VMMC sites and ensure adherence to PEPFAR guidance, WHO recommendations and national guidelines for conducting VMMC
- Support strengthening/establishment of community-based demand creation, mobilization, linkages, referrals and interventions for HIV prevention and VMMC
- Conduct rapid assessment of safe medical circumcision health facility infrastructure, equipment, staffing, and training needs; develop and support site-specific action plans for roll-out of VMMC activities.
- Lead in designing on approaches to scale up of VMMC coverage in districts and among un met populations
- Work with strategic information team to design and implement a plan to monitor VMMC outputs per site and ensure targets allocated to each site/district are achieved.
- Lead in integration of QI processes to enhance quality VMMC services and minimize adverse events (AEs); support robust data collection of
- Develop and timely submit technical VMMC program progress reports as scheduled on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Prepare and document success stories, case studies and best practices for dissemination at relevant
- Actively participate in relevant technical advisory/working groups and professional forums representing THPS
Qualifications, Experience & Skills required
- Doctor of Medicine degree (MD) and/or Master’s degree or equivalent experience in public health, social sciences or health related
- More than five (5) years of demonstrated experience in VMMC programming as a block of HIV prevention intervention.
- Knowledge and thorough understanding of VMMC standards, requirements, recommendations and guidelines per WHO, PEPFAR/CDC and national guidance.
- Ability to work independently with strong management and supervisory skills
- Excellent interpersonal, training, facilitation, team building and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills with fluency in English and
- Experience working with NGO’s and/or donor-funded programs
Method of ApplicationInterested applicants should send an email [email protected] attaching their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum by September 23rd 2021 with a position title as a subject line, for example: “Community Service Technical Advisor’’.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online. THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply.