Vmmc Quality Improvement Advisor (VMMCQIO) at MDH
- Company: MDH
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Position: VMMC QUALITY IMPROVEMENT ADVISOR (VMMCQIO)
Project: AFYA KWANZA
Location: GEITA REGION
Reports to: DEPUTY DIRECTOR OF PROGRAMS TS/VMMC SENIOR MANAGER
The VMMC Quality Improvement MANAGER (VMMC- QIM) is MDH’s overall technical lead in all matters pertaining to VMMC Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) programs and services. She/ He provides technical leadership and oversight of CQI – including capacity building of health care providers (HCPs) on CQI design, integration, monitoring and evaluation of CQI initiatives on key program priorities, as well as documenting and disseminating program best practices and lessons learned- in collaboration with other program and government staff at the region, relevant ministries and MDH HQ.
Duties and Responsibilities.
- To lead and oversee planning, implementation, M&E and reporting of CQI initiatives, under the Afya Kwanza project – VMMC services, and other relevant activities in respective implementation region
- To lead implementation of VMMC CQI and PHE initiatives to address key program, donor and national priorities, including demand creation, service delivery and outreach campaigns, client follow-up, adverse event (AE) monitoring, VMMC-HIV integration and linkages and others in line with national guidelines
- To provide TA to the R/DMOs, R/DACCs other CHMTs, QI teams and HFs in planning, implementation, M&E and reporting of VMMC CQI initiatives
- To lead preparations and coordination of technical site visits by the central government EQA, PEPFAR agencies, and other donor institutions to assess quality of MDH’s VMMC services, including PEPFAR’s Site Improvement through Monitoring Systems (SIMS), and required subsequent remedial actions.
- To conduct needs assessment on CQI interventions in VMMC and organize efforts to address them, incl. capacity building and health system strengthening, in collaboration with RPMs, R/DACCs and other CHMTs
- Routinely track, document and facilitate timely reporting of VMMC adverse events per national guidelines
- To ensure timely collection, accuracy and submission of VMMC and related CQI data – including supervising and overseeing VMMC data officers’ daily tasks i.e. data collection and collation – as well as support strengthening of the related M&E systems in collaboration with the M&E team
- Perform VMMC data quality assessment in collaboration with VMMC data officers
- Lead efforts to robustly analyse and utilize results of CQI initiatives to inform plans, priorities and resource allocation and write reports, best practices and lessons learned for wider dissemination
- To lead efforts in documenting, analysis, reporting and wider dissemination of CQI initiatives through writing best practices, lessons learned, abstracts, posters manuscripts, and policy briefs.
- To implement robust capacity building programs on CQI implementation capitalizing on supportive supervision, mentorship and on-job training in line with national guidelines
- To supervise program staff under her/him in her/his respective region
- To actively participate in writing technical program documents including project proposals, work-plans, reports and other relevant documents, as required by the RPM.
- To support and advise his/her advisor, the VMMC Manager, VMMC Officers and RPMs on all CQI issues and perform other relevant duties as assigned
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills
- A degree or master’s degree in Statistics, biostatistics and M&E related fields
- Additional training in biomedical laboratory sciences or public health will be added advantage
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in working at M&E and statistical data analysis position especially in HIV care and Treatment settings
- Ability to work both as individual and as a team with minimum supervision
- Excellent command of Swahili and English languages, in written and oral communication.
- Experience in basic computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, Power point and internet.
- Ability to work under pressure and stringent deadlines.
Method of ApplicationInterested candidates should submit an application letter indicating clearly the position applied for, a detailed copy of their CV, and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees.
Applications should be submitted by 8th March 2021, to the Director of Human Resource through e-mail [email protected]. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please note MDH don’t have any recruitment agents and don’t charge any fees to the interested candidates