VMMC District Data Officer x4 at Management and Development for Health (MDH)
- Company: Management and Development for Health (MDH)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kagera Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health (MoH); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others. MDH seeks to recruit qualified individuals to fill the following vacancies.
Position: VMMC District Data Officer (4 Posts)
Reporting to: VMMC Project Manager
The VMMC District Data Officer is responsible for the collection, management, analysis and reporting of data associated with Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision programs. She/he will be playing a role of monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness and impact of VMMC services and ensuring compliance with data collection and reporting standards.
Duties and Responsibilities.
- Develop, implement, and oversee VMMC/EIMC monitoring and evaluation activities
- Support Health Care Providers and Community Workers to utilize Unified Community System (UCS) – VMMC Module for timely data collection and reporting
- Developing data input controls, range and logic checks, and other data management processes based on input from other team members.
- Build capacity to Health Care Providers in recording and reporting VMMC programmatic data
- Collaborate with technical team to develop, design Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) on data management Processes.
- Collaborate with Ministry of Health (MoH), RHMT and CHMT on emphasizing the availability and use of National VMMC/EIMC monitoring system at the facility/site level and council level.
- Training data team and Health Care Workers in the use of data entry and cleaning programs.
- Ensure the quality of data; completeness, timeliness, accurate, and reliability of data updated in the DHIS2 database on monthly basis.
- Perform active data cleaning, and prepare analysis datasets; analyze and tabulate data; and create graphic representations of statistical information
- Monitor district progress on daily, weekly basis and work with VMMC Project Manager to report on weekly and monthly district performance.
- Facilitate routine reporting of VMMC/EIMC report on monthly/quarterly basis for program performance monitoring
- Coordinate efforts to verify and assure fidelity, adherence to SOPs as well as quality of services and data on mental health through supervision, data quality assessment, chart/ register review, spot check, other approaches
- Mentor facility staff on data analysis and reporting to ensure data driven decision making
- Promote a culture of high performance, commitment, frequent monitoring, and accountability among self and among regional team for outcomes and ensure coordination with other teams in MDH regional offices
- Any other duty as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Statistics, demographic, public health or another related field.
- Minimum of Two (2) years of data management and or programming.
- Excellent in analysis and presentation skills.
- Good in both oral and written English and Kiswahili.
- Able to work independently and in team.
- Able to generate reports from various data bases.
- Experience in working in working in donor funded programs and clinical research trials will be an added.
MDH DO NOT have any agents and DO NOT charge any fees to the interested candidates.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 27th November, 2023.