Veterinarian at FAO
- Company: FAO
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Tanzania
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) is seeking to recruit a national staff to support the process of formulating revised national livestock policy.
The Project Team Leader will work under the overall guidance of the FAO Representative in Tanzania, under the direct supervision of the Assistant FAO representative responsible for Programme, the technical supervision of FAO Lead Technical Officer, and guidance from Project Task Force.
The Project Team Leader will make sure that the project is aligned with the beneficiaries, country’s needs and priorities, and ownership of the project is ensured. The Policy and Planning Directorate at the Ministry of Livestock and Fisheries is the key implementing partner for this project. All activities will be discussed, planned and implemented in collaboration with the Policy and Planning Directorate, and designated National Project Coordinator to work alongside FAO experts.
The project will closely work under the leadership of the Ministry of Livestock and Fisheries and direct leadership of the Policy and Planning Directorate. On the other hand, the Directorates of Animal Production and Marketing, Research, Training and Extension, Grazing land and Animal Feeds and Veterinary Services will be closely involved.
Tasks and responsibilities
The tasks to be carried out by the Veterinarian will include, but not limited to, the following:
- Coordinate all animal health related interventions during project implementation;
- Develop partnership and collaboration with stakeholders in the animal health sector relevant for the formulation of national livestock policy;
- Assist the Team Leader and the National Project coordinator in the preparation of work plan, concept notes for technical meetings and workshops;
- Lead technical discussions on disease surveillance, diagnosis, prevention and control, sanitary measures affecting animal and animal products trade, biosecurity, food safety, etc. with resources person and partners
- Organize and participate in field missions and meetings planned;
- Support documentations of project results and preparation of regular and ad hoc reports;
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Advanced university degree in areas of veterinary science/medicine or related fields
- At least 5 years’ experience in working in the animal health sector at national level;
- At least 5 years direct involvement in managing national animal health activities
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili;
- National of Tanzania
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Experience in animal health strategies or policies
- Demonstration of ability to manage projects and resources efficiently and in a timely manner;
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to write proposals, documents and technical reports;
- Good facilitation skills and ability to conduct community level workshops/seminars;
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 11th June, 2021.