VACS ICT Data Manager at THPS
- Company: THPS
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
ADVERTISEMENT FOR VACANCIES.
Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under nongovernmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministry of Health (MOH), Ministry of Community Development Gender Elderly and Special Groups; Regional Administration and Local Governments (PORALG), Ministry of Health in Zanzibar and Ministry of Home Affairs (MoHA) with a goal of ensuring accessible high-quality health care and social welfare services to all Tanzanians; through strengthening of health and community systems.
THPS is implementing the USAID funded Police and Prison Activity– Cetology of Federal Domestic Assistance Number 98.001 awarded in August 12, 2020 through the funding opportunity announcement number 72062120-RFA 00003 in collaboration with the Ministry of Home Affairs (MoHA). The Activity focuses on providing quality comprehensive HIV/AIDS and Tuberculosis prevention, care, and treatment support services to the police and prisons staff, their families, prisoners and surrounding communities in Tanzania.
In FY24, the GOT under the leadership of the Ministry of Community Development, Gender, Women and Special Groups and Ministry of Community Development and Gender in Zanzibar; in collaboration with stakeholders through the Together for Girls (TfG) partnership and through funding from the US Presidents Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)/US Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) will conduct the second national Violence against Children and Youth Survey (VACS 24). THPS will work with National Bureau of Statistic (NBS) and Office of the Chief Government Statistician (OCGS) to conduct the survey. The results of the survey will inform national policies, laws, and programs to prevent violence.
Hence, THPS is seeking experienced, dynamic and qualified Candidates for the below positions.
Position Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 17th September 2023
Reports to: Senior Data Manager
Position Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Overall Job Function
The VACS ICT Data Manager is responsible to ensure good storage and maintenance of tablets in the entire duration of the survey. S/he will be expected to participate in the VACS training to assist and organize the handling and use of the tablets and other equipment. Once the training phase is completed, the ICT manager will organize the handling and distribution of the tablets to the teams before they head to their corresponding areas of work. Once data collection starts, the ICT manager will be responsible for the daily monitoring of teams and data. The monitoring phase includes contacting the teams daily, assisting them with any needs or technical issues, receiving/downloading the data files, verifying validity of files, downloading raw data on a weekly basis and sending them to DVP, processing the files to generate reports as necessary, analysing data reports to respond accordingly, and contacting field teams if needed. Upon completion of the data collection phase, together with the senior data manager, the ICT manager will be responsible for compiling and verifying all expected data have been received and checked, participating in data cleaning, collecting and cleaning the tablets to ensure no data from field work remains on them, and preparing tablets and other equipment to be sent back to designated location, if applicable, based on the standard procedure to be provided.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ensure that tablets arrive and are set up for the training.
- Ensure good storage and maintenance of tablets for the entire duration of the survey.
- Develop techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy, and legitimacy of data.
- Devise and implement efficient and secure procedures for data handling and analysis with attention to all technical aspects.
- Conduct training to data collection team to be able to perform data collection independently and effectively.
- Make sure that data collection procedures are in line with all relevant rules and guidelines.
- Develop data collection and management SOP.
- In collaboration with Survey Coordinator, ensure data collection team are following established guidelines and SOP for data collection.
- Establish data sharing agreement with external stakeholders etc.
- Conduct daily data quality control checks with the help from Senior Data Manager
- Assist with reports and data extraction when needed.
- Provide periodic data collection progress update.
- Provide data collection update to VACS technical working groups.
- Monitor and analyses information and data systems and evaluate their performance to discover ways of enhancing them.
- Troubleshoot data-related problems and authorize maintenance or modifications.
- Regularly monitor and evaluate information and data systems that could affect analytical results.
- Attend meetings on data management and security and facilitate consensus on data architecture plan.
- Manage data duplication, missing data, and inconsistent data.
- Develop data queries and manage queries resolution.
- Participate in data analysis, reporting and dissemination workshops and meetings.
- Perform other related duties as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, Informatics, Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum of two (2) years of related experience managing and working directly with health informatics applications and databases from large research studies.
- Demonstrated experience conducting data quality checks and producing data collection monitoring reports.
- Demonstrated experience in using and troubleshooting electronic data collection tools, especially tablets.
- Basic understanding of cloud-based data storage service offerings.
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP protocol suite.
Preferred experience and other skills:
- Data Management/Analysis and Programming experience.
- Experience programming and troubleshooting ODK program.
- Experience working with servers and willing to learn ODK Central data server.
- Computer/Android tablet troubleshooting experience.
- Some experience in managing geospatial data.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
Method of ApplicationInterested applicants should send their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum to ([email protected]) by 17th September 2023 with a subject line example Chief of Party USAID Police and Prison Activity. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply.