USAID Acquisition and Assistance Specialist at USAID
- Company: USAID
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The Acquisition and Assistance Specialist (Entry Level/EL) is located in the Regional/Mission Office of Acquisition and Assistance. The function of the Office is to provide Acquisition and Assistance (A&A) support to Technical Offices and Development Objective (DO) Teams in the Mission, and in any Offices that may be supported by the Mission. The primary purpose of this position is to support the cognizant Mission Contracting/Agreement Officer, by performing a variety of A&A duties including, writing grants, cooperative agreements, contracts, and other procurement instruments, and preparing amendments/modifications to such instruments in support of the Mission. The Specialist reviews and recommends approval or revision of requisitions in the Global Acquisition and Assistance System (GLAAS); reviews and recommends approval or revision of statements of work (SOW); drafts A&A solicitation documents; performs cost and price analysis; analyzes A&A offers or applications received; drafts A&A award instruments and modifications; analyzes budgets; recommends special A&A award requirements; writes memoranda of negotiation; and, prepares other required documentation. The Specialist maintains up-to-date A&A files and records, manages Contractor Performance Assessment Reports (CPARs), and supports award closeout. The Specialist provides guidance to supported Teams related to A&A award modifications. The Specialist is responsible for carrying out day-to-day activities under the mentorship of more senior Office employees.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- A minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience in acquisition and assistance, development assistance, or a position that requires closely related skills, such as program management, law, or financial management, is required. One year of this experience must have been gained working in a position equivalent to responsibilities in this job description or an occupation that requires similar skills. Specific minimum requirements include:At least two (2) years of this experience should have been with an international/local organization, U.S. Government department or agencies or other international development organizations within the A&A landscape. Note: Additional experience will NOT be substituted for Education.
- Education Requirements:
- Possession of a Baccalaureate Degree or the equivalent of a four-year US college/university (or equivalency accreditation if a non-US institution) degree is required. Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Accounting, Economics, Finance, Marketing, Commerce or Law.
Note: Additional education will NOT be substituted for Experience.
- LANGUAGE: Advanced professional proficiency, speaking and reading in English is required. (This may be tested)
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 21st July, 2023.