Unit Manager – Packaging at Coca Cola
- Company: Coca Cola
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania - Coca-Cola Jobs in Tanzania
Job Title UNIT MANAGER – PACKAGING
Job Category Manufacturing
Company Coca-Cola Kwanza (Tanzania)
Job Type Permanent
Location – Country Tanzania
Location – Province Not Applicable
Location – Town / City Dar es Salaam
Coca-Cola Kwanza Ltd has an exciting opportunity in Manufacturing Department. We are looking for a talented individual with the relevant skills and experience in Manufacturing for a Unit Manager – Packaging position, which will based in Dar es Salaam. The successful candidate will report directly to the Manufacturing Manager.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
The incumbent will be responsible for the following.
1. To draw up and communicate a business plan annually so that direction and objectives of the department are optimally planned, executed and monitored in line with CCBA’s strategic objectives
Business is developed annually in line with strategic imperatives and benchmark guidelines
Business plan consists of production plans, quality plans, raw material utilisation plans, people development plans, unit structure, suggested projects, timelines and technology/equipment.
Business plan supports world class principles
2. To set performance goals together with the team so that team members know, understand, and can work effectively as a team towards common goals and purpose
Performance goals are in line with the context issues, previous performance and business plan
Performance goals are developed and agreed annually together with management and the Team Leaders
Performance goals define, customers, line utilisation, raw material utilisation, quality performance goals (product and package)
3. To drive WCM (World Class Maturity) initiatives on own Lines
Leads the WCM change management processes
Formulates work practice deployment plans and ensures that plans are executed
Conducts work practice maturity assessments on a regular basis to ensure that best practices are being applied and are entrenched
Benchmarking best practice (internal and external)
4. To manage and support team leaders and team to achieve production, maintenance and quality targets in a cost-effective manner
Deviations from production plan, maintenance plan, quality, safety and housekeeping standards are discussed, explained and actioned together with the Team Leaders, daily
Work instructions are available and updated (as and when required) for every machine and activity (operational, maintenance, safety, quality, sanitation, housekeeping, etc.)
Deviations from work instructions are discussed and rectified together with Team Leaders, ongoing
5. To formulate and control expense and capital budgets so that expenses are planned for and managed effectively within budgetary parameters
Expense and capital budgets are formulated in line with financial guidelines, production budget and with the business plan
The formulated expense budget includes all expense items as per expense format
Budgeting to be benchmark driven
6. To encourage, assist, support and coach Team Leaders so that departmental targets, performance and future challenges are achieved effectively
Actively supports, coaches and encourages the Team Leaders to use the ACS tools as per the CCBA guidelines and specified intervals
Diverse opinions and cultures of the Team are being respected
Team relationships are underpinned by trust
7. To sell, manage, implement and actively support change interventions and projects to encourage the unit to internalise the change to meet operational targets
Continuous communication about reasons for change, processes involved, effects, benefits, etc.
Effectiveness of change intervention is measured and results are fed back to team, monthly
Full team participation in change process is encouraged
8. To solve systemic problems to save costs, minimise risk and losses and to improve productivity in line with benchmarks
Systems and processes are improved, revised, changed and designed as and when required
Solution is applied to other, similar systemic problems
Relevant people are involved
Unit members are coached and empowered to solve their own situational problems.
Skills, Experience & Education
The incumbent should have at least a Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial); 3 – 5 years as maintenance controller or specialist in Packaing area with production and leadership experience in a FMCG environment. Strong communication skills, good leadership qualities, good analytical skills, and a demonstrated high level of integrity.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 20th December, 2023.