Underwriter at Old Mutual
- Company: Old Mutual
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kigoma
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
To ensure that the company business is professionally underwritten to an acceptable standard within the underwriting guidelines and arranged reinsurance program
3. Key outputs
The following key outputs are required from this role.
- Apply standard rates, calculate premiums, and underwrite new business, renewals, endorsements, and cancellations.
- Generations of renewal notices and follow up.
- Prepare premium invoices and collection.
- Works closely with BD marketing staff/agents, brokers to develop and maintain positive business partnerships
- Liaison with brokers/agents and direct clients to verify information, explain and interpret coverage.
- Ensure compliance with standards of service/Customer service charter in all underwriting operations.
- Perform any other duties as may be requested by Management.
4. Deliverables (work elements)
The following detailed outputs are required from this role.
Quotations and Risk Acceptances
- Ensure quotations allocated are done and approved by the Underwriting Manager and dispatched within the agreed turnaround time
- Accept new motor and domestic package proposals which meets acceptable underwriting standards subject to approval by the Senior Underwriter within the delegated authority
Underwriting Process and Procedures
- Analyze and assess proposal forms and risk notes and confirm correctness within the acceptable underwriting standards
- Register and input all allocated new business in the system within the agreed turnaround time
- Prepare /Issue policies for all classes of insurance within the system within the agreed turnaround time
- Process all endorsements within the agreed turnaround time
- Respond to all correspondence within the agreed turnaround time
- Ensure adherence to all the process procedures and controls
- Analyze and assess proposals and risk notes and report to the team leader on the need to carry out surveys for small to medium size non-standard risks
- Communicate with the team leader on the client’s progress on the implementation of surveyor’s recommendations in improving the status of risks written
- Work on the allocated renewal scrutiny listing 2 months prior to expiry of policy and dispatch renewal notices to producers/clients1 month prior to renewal date
- Follow up allocated policies falling due for renewal and provide weekly report to Senior Underwriter to ensure achievement of monthly retention ratio of at least 90%
- Liaising with the Reinsurance Section regarding risks requiring facultative reinsurance placements.
Filing – Comply with the agreed filing and record keeping system Customer Service
- Attend to direct customers who visit the office for inquiry and provide prompt attention and efficient service
- Enforce credit control and effect cancellation for policies not paid to ensure that premium is paid for risks accepted
- Ensure all monies collected are banked on daily basis
5. Key competencies
The following key behavioural competencies are required to be successful in this role.
• Marketing and customer relations
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Organized and self-driven
• Knowledge of Reinsurance Treaty, Facultative wording and Reinsurance slips
• Good analytical skills
• Computer knowledge
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Good understanding of general Insurance products
Insurance And Risk Management (Required)
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th October, 2021.