Underwriter at Caliber First Group
- Company: Caliber First Group
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
You will be required to evaluate insurance applications and determine coverage amounts and premiums as per TIRA requirements. As an underwriter you need to work closely with partners and agents who have direct contacts with customers who perform complex calculations to determine the likelihood that accidents and other mishaps might befall a category of clients.
- Review all applications for insurance –determine the profiles of risks presented to the company for insurance and assess their acceptability or otherwise.
- Ensure all related activities to underwriting are properly coordinated and enforced
- Prepare certificates, receipts and cover notes where necessary, ensure all clients are posted on TIRA Mis
- Preparing policy documents, risk notes and authorizing them within authority limits
- Calculate premiums on the basis of actuarial, statistical and background information
- Ensuring premiums are settled as per company policy and paid directly to the Insurers
- Assess the loss ratios and ensuring that only quality business in invited for renewal
- Reviewing renewal terms, ensuring renewal notices go out on time and following up renewals to ensure high retention rate
- Ensure timely preparation and dispatch of policy documents
- Maintain high standard level of customer service – responding to general underwriting enquiries (walk-in clients, telephone and emails)
- Liaise with corporate clients on issues relating to their policies
- Implement credit control policy and ensure that premiums are debited and collected as required
- Deliver on performance requirements as defined in the company strategy, company and personal targets.
- Operate underwriting software/system and evaluate it accordingly
- Prepare daily reports, and other reports as needed.
- Maintain all external and internal records, filings and reports relating to underwriting
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time including reaching out for clients.
- Take full responsibility of all tasks allocated herein.
Method of ApplicationDeadline is 12:00pm 28/02/2022
Send your applications to: [email protected]