Underground Mining Safety Trainer at Barrick/ Bulyanhulu Gold Mine
- Company: Barrick/ Bulyanhulu Gold Mine
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Shinyanga
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Underground Mining Safety Trainer to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the mining department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Mine Safety and Training Superintendent
Work Schedule: 14 Days Day Shift / 7 Days Off
- Develop the knowledge, skills and abilities of employees and associated personnel in accordance with organizational policies and procedures.
- Provide support and Assistance to the site for the resolution of safety and environmental issues and champion
- Consistent promotion of organizational policies, procedures and objectives and comply with organization safety reporting standards.
- Ensure compliance to leading indicators and execution of required leadership interaction with departments.
- Continuously improve the safety and training culture of the site.
- Ensure site associated personnel receive training and assessments that meet the competency requirements of Bulyanhulu systems.
- Deliver compliance to training plan / schedules in collaboration with line management.
- Co-ordinate and Deliver Mobile Equipment, Drilling and Blasting and any other skills training sessions in line with the Bulyanhulu underground training.
- Compliance to the Training and Development related standard operating procedures. Complete on the job follow up/field assessments as per the Safety, Environmental, Quality and Training Management Plan.
- Certificate IV or similar Qualification in Workplace Training & Assessment
EXPE RIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- 3 years’ experience in an Underground Safety & Training Practitioner role.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Sound knowledge of technical area operations in Underground Metalliferous mining.
- Sound knowledge of relevant Standard Operating Procedures
- Understanding of safety systems and Incident Investigation
- Understanding of Hazard Identification and Risk Management
- Qualified to operate all equipment for which training is conducted
- Sound knowledge of Workplace Safety and Health
|WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
Method of Application
|Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
|If you are not contacted by Barrick – Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking. Please forward applications before 23rd December 2020|
|BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com|